『S2 Chapter 17 ~ Double Whammy』

❝ Hihihi!!! Hope this chapter finds you well! Lots of behind the scenes work. Enjoy! ❞

╔──────┨۞┠──────╗

Therefore I Am by Billie Eillish
╚──────┨۞┠──────╝

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

Time passed on, and Argus' cat was still the only paralysed victim. The message on the wall still left us teachers and staff on high alert, however- anyone my age would have heard of the Chamber of Secrets. It had been opened once long ago, when Minerva and Hagrid were in school. Severus knew enough about it to fill in the blanks. My curiosity overcame me, for one evening I invited myself into the Potion Master's classroom while he was grading papers and asked if, because of his Death Eater status, he knew why this was happening. He confessed he didn't know anything about it, which worried us both more than if he had and it was a terrible fate. Though, as life continued quietly, the opened chamber slowly moved down my list of priorities.

The first Quidditch match of the season came upon us, and I was rather excited (Sev was too, but he'd never admit it). It was Gryffindor versus Slytherin, and with two boys Severus cared for as the seekers, who to root for definitely got its own gray area. Sev was loyal to Slytherin because it was his own house, but on the other hand Harry and the other Gryffindors played very well. His own team cheated sometimes and added all the more reason to be unsure of which team we actually wanted to win. So, we left it to chance. In terms of money, Sev bet on Slytherin and I on Gryffindor.

Severus promised to meet up with me before going to the viewing boxes. He kept true to his promise, but... with unfortunate circumstances whining at his heel. None other than Lucius Malfoy shadowed my favorite Potions Master, sneering at everything in sight with a disgusting begrudgement that I wanted to scrub right off of his face.