I Write Sins Not Tragedies

Antonio got Mae settled in bed and headed back downstairs to get a drink

Antonio got Mae settled in bed and headed back downstairs to get a drink. The evening's events had taken it out of Mae. By the time they got home, she had basically cried herself to sleep. Antonio had texted Fin to let him know when he was on his way back so he wouldn't ring the bell.

Antonio was about to sit down to enjoy two fingers worth of 25-year-old Scotch when Fin texted to say he was coming up the drive. Antonio went to meet him at the door.

Fin looked at the glass and asked. "Got any more of that?"

Antonio nodded and motioned for Fin to join him. "How'd it go on your end?"

"I told Liv that she needs to get someone else brought in and that Nick is doing his damnedest to fuck up this case." Fin nodded when Antonio handed him his glass. He took a sip. "Ooo, this is smooth."

"Boss gave me a bottle of 25-year-old Scotch for my birthday this past year. Said I deserved it for the number of times that I've taken a bullet on the job and the number of cases I've closed for him."

"Lucky." Fin headed to the living room. "How's Mae?"

"Sleeping... she was a wreck from what that bastard put her through."

"Imma kill him."

"Get in line... after Halstead told Voight, Voight threw a chair through the window of his office."

"Shit."

"Yep. He wants this case solved and as much as he likes you, he wants New York back in Manhattan."

"I honestly don't blame him."

"He made her cry again, Fin... I heard the last bit of what she screamed at him before she booked it to the locker room." Antonio finished his Scotch. "She told him that he broke her and she'd be damned if she let him break her again when she'd just gotten the pieces back together."

"She's stronger than she thinks."

"Don't I know it." Antonio sighed. "From your end, any progress on this case?"

"Got a lead on who may be the main group behind it... but as to who's calling the shots, not yet." Fin shook his head. "I wouldn't be surprised if this goes deeper than what we've been looking at."

"Whatta ya thinking?"

"Think about it... these guys have been able to get women and kids and product in, but no one caught on until they killed a cop's daughter? The only way they get away with that much for this long is if they've got people in the ports, Customs or some other government branches."

Antonio leaned back in his chair. "Who controls the ports in New York?"

"Mostly the Irish."

"Doubt they'd get involved with any of the Latin gangs for drugs and sex trafficking."