Gone, Gone, Gone

Mae was just packing up the last of the big items that she was having sent to Chicago

Mae was just packing up the last of the big items that she was having sent to Chicago. Her kitchen and bedroom were the last rooms getting packed. She was sleeping on an air mattress, seeing as her bedroom suite had just been loaded into the moving van. She'd be taking her dishes, pots and pans, as well as her clothes in her new Nissan Rogue. She put the last box by the door and went to start packing her bedroom. The moving team knew they only had a few more boxes to pick up, so she left the door unlocked so she'd be uninterrupted in the last part of packing. She'd be on the road to Chicago in a couple days. She'd just worked her last day at SVU. Olivia and Fin had acted as if she'd be there on Monday. They all understood that she didn't want anyone to know she was leaving, especially Nick. She'd be on the road first thing Sunday morning, and hopefully house hunting by Monday. The moving company would bring her stuff down once she had the possession date lined up for her new place.

There was a knock at the door. "The last boxes are right by the door!" Maeve called from the bedroom.

A familiar voice said. "Not a moving team."

Maeve dropped the socks she was packing back into the drawer and went to the door. "Antonio."

"Hey." He smiled. "Moving somewhere?"

Maeve smiled back. "Yeah, Chicago... maybe you've heard of it?"

Antonio laughed. "I heard you were coming. Figured I'd come up and give you a hand."

"Voight didn't send you?"

"No... he actually doesn't know I'm here... I had a couple personal days lined up... so I figured I should come and help my new partner."

"New partner?" Maeve arched an eyebrow.

Antonio nodded. "When Voight told me you were coming, I told him that I wanted you as my partner."

"I'm flattered."

Antonio chuckled. "You should be... I didn't want you to be assigned to Al and Ruzek... I love Olinsky, but I didn't want you learning the Chicago ropes with a rookie attached."

"Ah, well... I appreciate it."

"Miss Darcy?" The leader of the moving team said.

Maeve spun around. "Oh, hi. Yeah, those are the last boxes."

"Perfect." He loaded the boxes onto a dolly. "You've got our number, once you've got your place, call us and we'll deliver your stuff and set it up for you."

"Thank you." Maeve grabbed her wallet. She pulled out a few bills. "Here, thank you so much for everything, and coming on such short notice."

The man looked at the amount. "Thank you!" His eyes were wide like dinner plates. "You didn't have to."

"Considering you're saving my butt... you deserve it." She closed his hand around the bills. "Have a great night, and we'll see you in Chicago."

He grinned and took the boxes. Maeve closed the door.