Heartbreaker

Maeve was exhausted. The flight back from Chicago had been delayed a second time, so they had decided to grab food before going through security. Maeve had been texting Antonio, as he'd given her his number and said that he was there if she needed someone to talk to. She told him of the adventures with the flight, so he came to join them for lunch. Fin and Rollins had gone to one of the lounges, so Maeve and Antonio had time to talk. He had didn't treat her like a porcelain doll. Maeve told him about Hank's offer.

"You thinking of taking it?" Antonio had asked.

She told him it depended on what happened when she got back to New York.

"If you change your mind, I'm sure the team would welcome you with open arms." Antonio had said. "I know I'd love to have someone like you on my team."

They'd also discussed Antonio losing his partner in a past case and his divorce. Maeve felt bad for him. He'd had so much loss in such a short time. She felt even worse when he told him his ex-wife left him because she didn't want kids. Antonio was a great guy. She then had to remind herself that she was in a committed relationship. She thanked him for coming to keep her company and then headed to the gate.

Once on the plane, they hit turbulence most of the flight and had to circle LaGuardia twice before there was a runway clear for them to land. She prayed that Nick had actually shown up to pick her up. She looked around after clearing security and didn't see him anywhere. She checked her cell and saw no missed calls or messages. She looked around. Fin and Rollins were waiting in the cab area. She debated calling Nick or just getting a cab. She decided against calling him, but she did text him to not worry about and she'd see him tomorrow. She caught a cab and went home.

Once home, she unpacked and set a load of laundry to wash. She then showered off all the grime she felt from being in an airport all day. When she got out of the shower, she could hear noise coming from her kitchen. She grabbed her gun off the nightstand and quietly made her way to the kitchen. She thumbed off the safety.

"Who the fuck are you!?" She shouted.

The intruder spun around from her fridge.

"Jesus Christ, Nick! I coulda shot you!" She thumbed the safety back on and put the gun on the counter.

"Sorry..." Nick apologized. "I just... I feel like shit for not being at the airport to pick you up like I said I would."

"Figured you had caught a case or something." Maeve tried to hide the disappointment she felt.

"Maeve, I let you down... I shouldn't have done that." He took her hand. "I want to make it up to you."

"You can do that by telling me what the heck happened in court the other day." Maeve pulled out a chair and sat at the counter.