30

"Keep me company."

Jeongin didn't really know why he wanted Hyunjin to stay with him. Maybe, it was because he felt lonely. Or, maybe, just maybe, it was something deeper.

Hyunjin looked at him, lost for words. It seemed as though he couldn't believe what Jeongin had just said.

"What?" Hyunjin asked, just to be sure.

"Keep me company." Jeongin repeated. "I don't feel like being alone right now." He said, in a quieter voice. When Jeongin looked up, he saw the faintest smile on Hyunjin's face.

"Come on."

They walked in silence, awkwardly. Finally, Jeongin gathered the courage to say something.

"Hyunjin..."

"Hm?" Hyunjin looked at Jeongin and, all of a sudden, Jeongin forgot what he was going to say.

"I... that night... you-I.." Jeongin couldn't even word what he wanted to say properly, growing more nervous by the second. "We kissed!" He blurted out.

"Um... yes, we did." Hyunjin acknowledged, looking slightly embarrassed. Well, there was no going back now, so Jeongin continued.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Nothing." Hyunjin replied, quickly. Jeongin knew he was lying. Hyunjin was always bad at hiding things.

"You're lying." Jeongin said, as they walked into the grocery store.

"I'm serious, nothing happened." Hyunjin said, again. "You were just drunk."

"I know that but-" Jeongin stopped himself, realising that they were in public and that his voice was very loud. "How on earth did I go from kissing you to Chan's place?" He lowered his voice.

"I took you there." Hyunjin said, simply. Jeongin honestly thought there had to be something else. He just wanted an explanation for Chan's distant behaviour.

Jeongin was about to say something else until he realised that maybe Hyunjin didn't have anything to do with it and that he was jumping to conclusions too quickly.

"Jeongin, is something wrong?" Hyunjin asked. He could tell immediately that there was something on Jeongin's mind. Jeongin hesitated telling him, but, at the same time, he didn't know what else to do.

"It's Chan." He said, taking the groceries he picked up to the till and thanking the cashier after paying. "He's been acting weird, lately." Jeongin continued as they walked out of the store.

"Oh..." Hyunjin said, looking down.

"What? Did something happen?" Jeongin asked. Hyunjin sighed.

"When we... kissed, Chan saw."

Jeongin frowned. Was that really the reason for Chan ignoring him? That didn't make sense at all. Chan wouldn't care if Hyunjin and Jeongin kissed, why would he? It had to have been something else.

"It's fine, forget it." Jeongin brushed it off. smiling at Hyunjin as if everything were fine. "I should be getting home."

Hyunjin nodded, silently.

"Bye." Jeongin waved, beginning to walk away.

"Jeongin!" Hyunjin called and Jeongin turned around. "I'm always free if you want to... um, you know... talk or something." He looked away embarrassed.

"I know." Jeongin replied, smiling a little as he continued to make his way back home.