valentines prompts: day 5

lost and found

♥︎just pretend kenmas birthday is near Valentine's Day♥︎

Kenma held onto his mom's hand as he looked around the store. It was his 6th birthday and they were at the store to buy a cake. It was only a small party including him and his parents but he didn't mind. His mom even said if he was good he'd get an extra gift!

While they were walking near the container aisle kenma saw a huge lego set and subconsciously let go of his mother's hand and walked over to the toy aisle. His mom seemed too busy calling kenmas dad to even realize he let go.

Kenma looked at the lego set in amazement, his eyes wandering to all the lego sets in the aisle. It soon just turned into him looking at every toy that caught his eye. When he finished looking at the toys and he looked up and couldn't find his mother.

He turned and turned and went down a dozen aisles and still couldn't find her anywhere. Fear started kicking in when he realized he was all alone in a store without his mom to protect him.

He ran back to the toy aisle where he felt the safest and looked again. His mother wasn't in any of the aisles so he sat down in the corner of the aisle and put his legs up to his chest so he could hold them close to him. He buried his face into his knees and cried.

What was he supposed to do? He was a 6 year old with no mother in a huge store. There were no doubts he wasn't gonna curl up and cry.

He didn't know how long it was but after some time he felt a tap on his arms, causing him to look up into soft hazel eyes. In front of him stood another kid that looked a little older than him and had messed up hair.

"Hey, are you okay?" The kid asked. Kenma shook his head and stuffed his head back into his arms. He missed his mom and wanted to be back by her side. "I lost my mom, I can't find her and I'm scared," Kenma said sadly.

"I can help you find her!" The kid suggested, holding his hand out. Kenma looked up and looked at the kid's hand before hesitantly taking it and letting himself get pulled up by the kid.

"What's your name?" The kid asked as he held onto kenmas hand. Kenma fidgeted with the hem of his jacket and looked down. "Kozume Kenma" he answered. "Mines Tetsurō Kuroo!" He said as he led Kenma to different aisles.

Kenma struggled to keep up with walking and the conversation Kuroo was practically carrying. They went down multiple aisles as Kuroo started talking about Valentine's Day.

When the subject first popped up Kuroo asked if Kenma would like some of the candy hearts he had in his pockets but Kenma declined and said his mom would be disappointed if he accepted candy from a stranger.

Kuroo nodded and ate the candy himself, going on and on about how his school was doing a Valentine's party. Kenma asked what school Kuroo went to and they figured out they went to the same one but different classes.

Kuroo started talking about his favorite subject in school, science, while they continued looking through aisles. When they were in the aisle with a bunch of mirrors and lamps the intercom in the store turned on and said, 'kenma come to the front of the store. Your mom is waiting for you. Again Kenma come to the front of the store'.

Kenma freaked when he heard his name on the intercom but Kuroo smiled and walked Kenma to the front of the store where he saw his mom running towards him.

Kenma let go of kuroo's hand and hugged his mom back. His mom hugged him richly before pulling away and kissing his forehead. "I'm so sorry for leaving you. You did a good job staying safe baby" she said with a smile, fixing kenmas hair lovingly.

Kenma nodded and turned to Kuroo, his mom finally realizing Kuroo was there. "Thank you for staying with him. Where's your mother?" Kenmas mom asked.

"Oh I walked here alone, I'm getting groceries for my dad and then walking back!" Kuroo said like it was normal. Well, it was normal for him to walk 20 minutes to the store and get groceries for his dad every Friday since his dad was busy.

"In the snow? It's too cold for you to go out in this weather with just a t-shirt, pants, and sneakers" kenmas mother said. Kuroo looked over his outfit, not seeing anything wrong with it. "How about you shop with us and I'll give you a ride home?" Kenmas mom asked.

Kuroo smiled and nodded. "You'd do that?" He asked. Kenmas mom smiled and nodded. "Of course. Now, do you have a list or anything?" She asked. Kuroo nodded and all three started walking to their first destination.

During the whole trip, Kuroo and Kenma stayed close, pointing out cool things or talking about memories that were connected to things in the store. Kuroo got Kenma to quietly laugh and his mom was surprised but glad.

When they were all done shopping kenma and kuroo raced to the car, both a little wobbly since they were carrying bags on each of their arms. "I got here first!" Kuroo said happily as the car door opened. Kenma disagreed and got into the car, kuroo a little hesitant before following.

The two continued to talk and got out cookies while kenmas mom packed away the other groceries into the car trunk. Once they were on the road she suggested they get McDonald's then go to kuroo's house. Of course, they agreed and went to the fast-food place.

When they got their food they stuffed their faces in the back seat while happily listening to Disney songs on the radio.

♥︎this isn't really Valentinesy but I hope you still like it! ( ˘ ³˘)♥︎