Chapter 14 - Reunion

Emma's P.O.V

Excitement and fear filled my very soul as a rather handsome yet frightening man waited by a black S.U.V. He had brownish-red hair cut into a nice crew cut. He towered over all of us in height and had these gorgeous forest green eyes that reminded me of the tress back home. As he approached us out the front of the hotel his tight shirt rode up his arms showing off tattoo-covered muscles. He faced us with a sharp grin, I would not call it pleasant. It seemed forced.

"Luna Freya."

He bowed his head to our mother as she snorted.

"Please, please do not call me Luna. Freya is fine."

He looked up at her surprised, mothers face stayed firm almost like she was expecting an argument. He nodded before looking towards Sera. I thought that was smart of him, no one really won an argument with mum.

"You must be Sera."

She growled in response frowning. I had to smile at my big sister, mother was right. She may be a wolf but she wasn't a monster.

"How would you know that? I could be anyone."

Sera had her hands on her hips, eyes narrowed at him like she was testing out whether she could take him. That was pretty funny, yet scary. I didn't want her to get hurt.

"Hard not to call it with those silver curls"

He grinned back at Sera before winking. Mother laughed before Rodrik turned his attention to me, I felt a little uncomfortable under his gaze.

"And you must be Miss Emma, I'm the packs Beta Rodrik."

He held out his hand as I nodded before missing the handshake completely, feeling my cheeks go red under his gaze. Why was I always so clumsy? I hated it, I wanted to be aggressive like Sera. She never embarrassed herself. Maybe that was one of the perks of being a wolf? Rodrik smiled warmly at me before patting me on the head.

"You are a cute one, how old are you?"

I heard Sera try and stifle a giggle as I went an even brighter shade of red. I opened my mouth hoping to say something angry like Sera would but I just made a gagging noise. He laughed before grabbing our bags and walking over to the car. I gawked at him frustrated at being unable to speak to him as mum grabbed my hand.

"She's 16 Rodrik, please be kind to her."

Her tone was stern but I could hear her laughter behind her voice as I put my head down. I had to learn to stick up for myself. I was almost an adult. Mum gave my hand a small squeeze before leading me to the car, getting into the backseat with Sera I grimaced at her smile. Sera poked me in the ribs playfully before whispering,

"You like him don't you EmEm?"

I huffed at her before turning to look out the window feeling my cheeks flush again. She giggled at my uncomfortableness before she held my hand.

"I'm actually a little scared EmEm..."

I looked back at her shocked, my sister Sera afraid? I had never seen her actually afraid. But sure enough, her eyes showed real fear. Come to think of it she had a similar expression when we were at that café with Glen. I looked at her questioningly as I squeezed her hand in return. We had begun to drive so her voice was low, like a whisper.

"I just... I don't know what's going to happen."

Her tone was pained, and I could tell there was so much more she wanted to share but didn't. I looked towards the front seats to see Rodrik's eyebrow raised glancing between us and the road. Mum was staring straight ahead lost in her own thoughts. I looked back at Sera and smiled brightly while squeezing her hand harder, understanding that whatever she wanted to say she didn't want to in front of Rodrik. I thought maybe she was just as nervous as I was, and in that moment I truly understood what our mother meant. Sera was still herself. She wasn't a monster at all. She was still my big sister. I would protect her.