Chapter 16 - Realization

Erik's P.O.V

"Alpha please, just take a moment to calm yourself."

Herman, our pack doctor stood in front of my office's front door refusing to let me leave. I was more than pissed. How could any child of mine act so... so maliciously? Did her mother never teach her restraint or manners? My nose and jaw had already healed, honestly, it hurt more than my own flesh and blood would attack me.

"Move. Herman."

I spoke letting the authority of my Alpha blood seep through, only other Alphas could refuse a command. He bowed his head, stepping aside but speaking directly through the mind link.

"Take a moment to think critically please Alpha. She has never met you before, she doesn't know our life or your intentions."

I scoffed back at him before closing the mind link. I was still her father and if her mother would not teach her responsibly I would. What on earth had Freya been teaching her? What, did she just let her roam? Or did she teach her to hate me? Did Freya hate me that much? I stormed towards our floor where she should be. Thoughts of chewing out the ungrateful girl had clouded my sight as my mother ran into me. I growled looking at what had once been a beautiful face now covered in wrinkles. Her once bright hazel eyes now dulled.

"Michelle. Why are you here? I told you, you are not welcome on this floor."

I growled, apprehensive wondering if she was trying to track down Freya to berate her.

"Now son, why do you always take that tone with me?"

She seemed shocked, but she knew very well why.

"You have not been my mother for a long time. A mother is supposed to love and care for her child."

My voice was venomous as she rolled her eyes at me before patting my shoulder.

"Now stop that. I'm leaving now. I just wanted to see what that whore brought with her."

The years of anger and hatred built up inside of me from this woman were hard to ignore. I stiffen as Kaelb was ready to explode in anger possibly killing her.

"Don't you dare call Freya that? She is your Luna."

"I will call that thing whatever I want, and her disgraceful offspring too."

She emphasized 'thing' while maintaining a sweet tone. I pushed Kaelb down, I would not attack this wretched woman. That's what she wanted.

"How could you call your granddaughter and future Alpha disgraceful?"

She smirked noticing my clenched fists, knowing she was getting to me.

"Disgusting."

She shook her finger in my face as one would do to a young child that was being silly. I let Kaelb growl in warning at her as I clenched my teeth.

"Leave."

She smugly looked at me fanning innocence as Rodrik approached us.

"Alpha, Michelle."

He greeted both of us, he too was tense knowing just how cruel my mother could be.

"Oh the Alpha is a little upset today Rod, please much sure my boy gets a bit more rest."

Her tone was sickly sweet, making my stomach turn in disgust. Rodrik grimaced at the pet name she used for him, he hated being called that and she knew it. But he would never say anything to her directly, she had been his Luna once before. His loyalty was strong. He nodded in response to her before looking at me. His eyes were serious, as he said through the pack link "vampires".