Chapter 31: Gobble Gobble

Disclaimer: I think I forgot to do this... but, well, oh well.

Piper's POV:

Piper clenched Annabeth's hand tightly. "We can do this... right?"

Annabeth squeezed back. "Of course we can."

After receiving that spooky note, Piper had talked to Annabeth and Hazel, and they'd decided that this was a girl's adventure. Mostly because Jason's mom and his dad were going to be meeting for the first time in a while, and the Olympians had planned a big thanksgiving feast, and the boys were on the set-up crew. 

This would also be a wig adventure. Who knew after all what would happen? What if this was a trap and they had to run away and blend into the crowd? What if they attacked them and Piper needed to get her conveniently hidden knife? 

Of course, she didn't actually have her knife, as her knife was actually gone, still having been confiscated when she'd been kidnapped. Instead, she'd taken an extra knife from the Self Defense Center to use and to hide in her blue braided wig.

Well, it wasn't completely blue, more like washed out blue tipped dark brown wig, but that was good enough for her. Hazel's wig was purple and curled, and Annabeth's wig was red. Hazel just looked like herself with purple hair, while Annabeth almost looked like a grey-eyed Rachel. 

"So, the wolf house is here?" Hazel said. 

They'd been given no address, just those words. But it had been enough to trigger a fleeting snapshot of a street. River Rd.

Except, River Rd. was a long street, and there were several houses. It would likely take them a while to go and check every house.... but they didn't need to be back till 12 o'clock, and as it was around 9:15, they had plenty of time. 

"Yeah, I think so," Piper said. "Do you think we should check every house?"

Annabeth tugged on her grey sweater. "Might as well."

As they walked on the rain-soaked floor, gravel crunching under their feet, the sky looked so beautiful. Bright blue sky and fluffy clouds, almost as if the gods were blessing them. Hopefully they were, because they certainly needed some good luck. 

"So, are you going to tell me how you got back yet?" Annabeth said. 

They still hadn't told anybody about how the rescue had really went. Piper had told Annabeth everything about over the course of the week..... except the whole Hazel situation, because it wasn't really her place to tell. 

Piper exchanged a glance with Hazel. "Can I tell her?"

"How does this have to do with Hazel?" Annabeth looked confused. 

Hazel nodded. "Yeah, you can tell her- oh, actually, I will."

Hazel told Annabeth the same thing she'd told Piper, but, well, quicker. 

"Wow," Annabeth said. "That's really brave."

Hazel smiled. "Thanks."

"Wait, so why does Gaia not want Piper to date Jason?" Annabeth said. 

"How is that important?" Piper had to ask. 

"Well, I'm assuming it wasn't Gaia who said that. Probably one of her minions likes Jason, and is jealous of how close you are," Annabeth said matter of factly. 

Piper looked at the ground, trying to hide her blush. "We're not that close."

Annabeth and Hazel both laughed. 

"What?" Piper demanded, looking up. 

Hazel snorted into her fist. "Nothing."

Piper hoped she wasn't that obvious about it.. but either way, denial was the way. "Guys, I have a boyfriend, and Jason is still getting over Drew, I'm sure."