Chapter 13: Neglected Kid Club

Disclaimer: once again, I don't own PJO. Only the plot is mine.

Jason's POV: 

Jason hated suits. And parties. And drama. And kidnappings. And Hera. Not necessarily in that order, but.....yeah. he hated them all. 

Why did everybody have to make such a big deal about him dating Drew? Like, what was wrong with that? Even his friends were making a big deal about it. 

Also, why did they have to have a party? Percy told him it was the Olympians' way of gathering all the important people under a bunch of security so there weren't any other kidnappings. That made sense, but why did Hera have to dress him in a suit?

Suits were uncomfortable and weird. His friends agreed with him on this one. 

"Who even likes suits?" Leo said, fidgeting with the ends of the sleeves. He was always moving, but he seemed to be extra energized today. 

Jason shrugged. "Who knows?"

"A more sensible question is, why are you going out with Drew?" Percy said. 

Jason sighed. He should have seen it coming. "Guys, I already told you."

"She opened up to you? Yeah, I find that hard to believe," a voice said from the doorway. 

Jason turned to see Annabeth. Great. The guys might drop it, but Annabeth had argued about it for three days now. How could you even do that?

"There's a side of her that you haven't met," Jason said. 

"And you've met that side? In 7 minutes?" Annabeth said with a rise of an eyebrow. 

"A lot can happen in 7 minutes." Even in Jason's ears, the argument sounded weak. 

Percy sighed. "We just don't want you to get played, bro."

"I'm not getting played, I promise you," Jason said. "Can you at least give her a chance?" 

Percy, Annabeth and Leo exchanged a look. Eventually, Annabeth said, "Fine."

"Thank you," Jason said. "On another note, can someone help me with this tie?"

"I can."

"Thalia!" Jason ran to hug his sister. 

"Hi Jason," Thalia said when he eventually let go. 

"Wow, new hair!" he said. 

Thalia had gotten blue tipped hair. 

Annabeth hugged Thalia too. "It's good to see you, Thals."

"You too."

Percy and Leo opted for a shrug-wave thing. "I'd hug you, but you'd probably rip my arms off, so yeah," Leo said.

Percy shrugged. "You probably won't kill me now, but you will....when I call you Pinecone face!"

And then, it was a war zone. It took both Annabeth and Jason to hold back Thalia, while Percy cowered in the corner. And it took another fifteen minutes of begging for forgiveness for Thalia to stop trying to murder Percy. 

"Okay, fine," Thalia said. "I won't kill Percy. I suppose I should get ready."

At that, she heaved a large sigh. Annabeth followed her out. A few minutes later, Percy, Jason, and Leo went out to the big hall too. 

"What's our plan?" Jason whispered to Percy and Leo. 

Percy shrugged. "Avoid the Olympians pretty much. They get angry pretty quickly."