Chapter 11 - Valentines Day

-Caspar POV-

I sit in my bed, just moping around. I hate hoe Joe is all self-righteous, and "not gay." I realize that might be hard for someone to accept, but it's honestly just starting to get annoying.

Is gay such a bad thing to be? Is he still somewhat upset that I came out? No, no that couldn't be it.

I am interrupted from my thoughts when I hear a knock at my door.

"Come in!" The door opens to reveal a nonchalant Joe.

"You know it's Valentines Day. Do you have any plans?" I am in utter shock. Did Joe want to go out... with me??

I pretend to check my schedule, knowing in advance that I was free. I just didn't want to seem too eager.

"No, no. Free as a..." The tension in the room seems to rise a great deal as I can't think of a comparison.

"...A parking space?" We both crack up.

"Well I don't have plans either. Would you wanna maybe go to Nandos?"

"Like a date?" I ask cautiously. Joe is quick to respond.

"No, no!" My heart sinks.

"As friends?" I manage to get out.

"Good friends." Joe made me smile a bit, but I was crying on the inside.

Joe obviously has decided against his sexuality, and I have to live the rest of my life knowing that I had the potential to be in a happy relationship with him, but I never will be get to.

-

Me and Joe arrived at Nando's, and unfortunately there were no tables open.

"I'm sorry." The receptionist lady said. "It's a two hour wait, at best. But don't worry, there are no more reservations. However you're not at the front of the line."

Me and Joe both groan simultaneously. This is not the night we wanted. But I suppose we should have figured, a restaurant on Valentine's? Without even a reservation?

The lady gives us a sympathetic look at points us to some waiting chairs. We sit down, defeated. However we decide to stay anyway.

I watch as a girl goes up to the lady to ask where the bathrooms are. I see her say thank you, and glace over her shoulder in our direction. And freeze.

I give her a weak smile and wave. She seems to snap out of her trance and rush over to us. She starts talking very quickly.

"HI! Hi, I'm Hal. Oh my gosh I can't believe it's you!!! Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god! Can I have a picture!!??"

Both Joe and I chuckle at her excitement. We take a few selfies, and afterwards she says:

"I have to go get my friend!!" She retreats into Nando's, and promptly returns, practically dragging her friends along.

"Stop messing with me."

"No, I swear to god it's them!"

"Hal, seriousl-" she stops mid sentence as I make eye contact with her. Both girls start squealing as they rush over to us.

"This is Mimmy."

"OH MY GOSH HI!!" I chuckle and whip out my camera.

"You guys don't mind being vlogged, do you?" They just squeal in response.

"Hey guys so me and Joe are here at Nando's, and we came across..." I point the camera at each of them.

"Hal!"

"And Mimmy!"

I shut off the camera and continue to talk to them, and take a few more selfies. Suddenly Mimmy asks

"So why are you guys out here anyway?"

Joe replies with a shrug, and

"No free tables."

Hal whispers something to Mimmy. She then asks

"Are you guys on a date?" Both me and Joe blush, but then unanimously deny. They don't look convinced, but they keep whispering to each other.

"Do you wanna have me and Mimmy's table?"

I look at Joe in disbelief. And then back at them.

"Surely you'd-"

"No. We want you to have it." They go up to the receptionist lady and tell her their plan. She looks flustered but nevertheless shows us to the table minutes later.

As we walk to it we pass Mimmy and Hal leaving, I stop them to say thanks and give them each a kiss on the cheek. They leave blissfully.

-----A/N-----

Ok so fandombabe and Gay_Satan were in this yayy lol. Y'all should def follow them they're two of my fave ppl on this app tbh.

Also pretty sure my house is haunted bc all afternoon my cats were running away from nothing and meowing at nothing

Also it might just be bc they're cats.... :P

Also.. Woah! Almost at 1,000 reads is this real life??? You guys are truly amazing ilysfm (even tho most of those views were probs from me... xD) but i srsly love y'all more than you know even tho its cheesy you will have to live with it

Love you❤️

-Rebecca xxo