[11.0] Lost

"What happened to your arm?" Hikaru asked Yui.

"Nothing."

"Are you lying to me?"

"No, I'm not."

"Does it hurt?" Hikaru asked with full of concern.

"No," lied Yui.

"Then what happened to your arm?"

"Nothing happened."

"Are you lying to me?"

"No."

"Does it hurt?"

"No."

"Then can I slap it hard?" Hikaru trying not to lose. She knows something is just not right.

Yui silenced for a while. "No..."

"But you said it doesn't hurt?"

"..."

"Don't lie to me, I am Morita Hikaru, your friend. I know you. What happened to your arm?"

"*sigh* I.. trembled and fell to the ground yesterday and accidentally a pot hit my arm and broke into pieces. That's how it scratched," Yui lied, trying her best to give a reasonable answer on the spot.

"Why you lied to me?"

"I... I just don't want you to worry about it.."

"*sigh* but at least tell me the truth. You not lying this time, right?"

Yui gulped. "No. Don't worry, I'm fine," she said and give Hikaru a smile.

A smile that hiding her pain and tears.

__________

"Seriously, what happened to your arm, Yui? Tell us. What's up with the bandage all over your hand? Hikaru is not around now. Tell us. I know you lied to her," Risa asked while they three walked home together.

Yui silenced.

"Yui-chan," Manaka softly called her name. "It must be something related to Hikaru, right?"

Yui silenced again. Seeing Yui like that, suddenly something came up into Manaka's head.

"YUI, DON'T TELL ME THAT YOU ACTUALLY TRIED TO SUI-"

"Manaka!" Risa scolds her. "Don't think something nonsense like that. Yui won't!"

"Manaka is right," Yui cut them off. "I tried to suicide last two nights..."

"KOBAYASHI YUI!" Risa starts to get mad. Tears start to fill in her eyes. Manaka too. They can't believe what Yui just said. Yui can't bear to look at their eyes. She lowers her head and starts to sob.

"WHY?? WHY YOU DID SUCH A THING? TELL ME YOU LIED!!" Risa shouted making Yui a bit startled. She didn't mean to scared Yui but she kind of feel disappointed. She feels like she is such a hopeless friend to her. Like... she is a failure friend to Yui.

"RISA! Don't shout at her like that! You know we can discuss-" Manaka trying to calm Risa but she gets shouted back instead.

"SHUT UP, MANAKA!"

Manaka froze. Risa never shouted at her. That was her very first time getting shout at by her own girlfriend.

"No, I am not lying. I tried to suicide two days ago when I read the whole thing about the disease Hikaru had. How it going to affect the rest of her life and such. My-"

"So that's it?" Risa can't believe what she just heard. She gives Yui a very disappointed face with tears start to making her cheeks wet.

Risa never cried before. Yui never saw Risa cried in front of her before. Risa was such a strong girl but today...

"I... I was very sad. I can't control myself! The sadness inside of me took full control over my body and I-"

"THAT'S REALLY IT? YOU KNOW WHAT? IF HIKARU KNOWS ABOUT THIS, DON'T YOU THINK IT WILL MAKE HER SAD? DISAPPOINTED? YUI, I- ARGH!" Risa shout at Yui and ran away, can't stand the situation anymore.

"Risa..."

Manaka's mind is not working properly at the moment. She wants to chase Risa and try to calm her down but at the same time, she doesn't want to leave Yui like that. She knows both of them are not in a good state at the moment, neither herself. But because Risa had already run far ahead, she just decided to stay with Yui. She wipes away Yui's tears with her thumb and pulls her into a hug.

"Yui-chan... right now everyone is sad... I hope you won't try suicide again after this... You must want Hikaru to be proud of you right? You don't want Hikaru to feel disappointed in you right? You also know how much she values you. We promised that we will be by each other side forever, am I right? Stop crying. Even Hikaru can force a cute smile on her face when she is the one suffering the most right now... She is the one that needs to go through this harsh reality but I know even you can see how strong Hikaru is. If she can be that strong, why we can't? We also need to be strong for her. She needs us. Trust me, she really needs us. She hasn't told us the truth but we already know about it. But I know she really needs our support. She must have her own reason... Let's be the most supportive friends to her. Let's be strong together and help her..." Manaka said to Yui as she hugs the girl tightly and rubs her back.

Yui can't help but admit that Manaka's points are true.

It... was a mistake...