[34.0] The moon

Yui slowly opened her eyes, welcoming the bright light above her. Yes, she feels hurt somewhere around her body but she tries to ignore it.

"Yui-chan!? YUI-CHAN IS AWAKE! YUI-CHAN IS AWAKE!"

"HUH, REALLY? EH, YATTA! YUI-CHAN IS FINALLY AWAKE! We missed you like hell, Yui!"

She looked around to the owner of the familiar voices. Who else if it's not her loyal friends, Risa and Manaka. Yui can't help but throw them a very warm smile. A smile signaling as a thank you for the wait and sorry to make you guys worry.

"LOOK! LOOK, RISA! SHE'S SMILING!!!" shouts Manaka excitedly as her hand automatically slaps her girlfriend's arm who sits next to her.

"My gosh! I can see that, Manaka. I know you are excited but there's no need to slap me hard," said Risa a bit annoyed. But Yui knows Risa actually likes it. Seeing both of them like this makes her smile grow even wider.

"I think we should tell the doctor she is finally awake. Let me go and tell them. I'll be back," said Risa as she excused herself.

As soon as Risa is not in her sight, she starts to look around the familiar room. Her mouth went from a smiling u-shape to a straight line as her mind started to recall all of the memories four of them shared in this room in a flash of a second. Yes, four of them.

Manaka quickly noticed it. "I know what you are thinking about, Yui," said Manaka, snapping Yui back to reality. "At first, we also did not expect that they would be putting you in this room. We want to change but-"

"Change room? Wha- What why? What's wrong with this room? I see nothing is wrong with this room? What did you see?" Yui cut off Manaka before Manaka could even finish her words.

"No- nothing. There's nothing wrong with this room. We- We just scared that you will-" Manaka stuttered a bit.

"Start to feel down and sad because this room used to be Hikaru's room? And by that means I will not move on from her death? Keep thinking about her all the time and when the realization hits me that she is dead, it will make me depressed?"

Manaka was shocked. She is really speechless. That's exactly what Risa and she thought at first and what she was trying to say to Yui but she couldn't say it. She never thought that Yui has a superpower that could read her mind.

"Ye- yeah..." was all that came out from her mouth. Her eyes locked down to the floor, not dare to make eye contact with Yui. She is feeling a bit guilty.

Yui sighed. "Don't worry Manaka. There's no need to change rooms. I have accepted the death of Hikaru but she will always be in my heart all the time. Being in this room will make me feel closer to her. You don't have to worry about anything."

"Are- Are you sure?" Asked Manaka as she was still in her shocked state.

"Yes, I am. Thank you for being considerate. But I'm really okay being in this room."

Manaka gives her a soft stare and smile. "If that's so then it's fine then. Just tell me if you change your mind or what."

Yui just smiled at her in response. The door then opens, revealing Risa together with a doctor behind her.

"Kobayashi-san, you are awake! I will just have a quick check-up on you, is that okay with you?" Said the doctor in her friendly tone of voice.

Yui nod. She followed everything that she needed to do and answered every question the doctor threw at her with honesty. At that moment, she badly wanted to ask what kind of sickness or disease she is suffering. Is it curable or not? If not then how long? And more but she guesses it's not the right time and she needs some rest after all.