Chapter 1~Summer Life

Morgan's POV 

Ring...Ring...Ring... 

Bzzzzzzzz...bzz...bzzzzzzzz... 

I knew you were trouble when you walked in, so shame on me now, flew me to places I'd never been till you put me down, oh I- 

"Hello?' I answered my phone groggily, looking over at my alarm clock, only 9 o'clock am. 

"Hey sweet-cheeks goooooooood morning just checking up on you, you up yet? You should be practicing getting up earlier, tomorrow's school!" A peppy voice screamed into the phone. Only one person would be that exited about that. 

"Hey Lise. I prefer to just get as much sleep as I can before having to get up at 5." 

"That's nice. But this isn't Annalise." 

Suuuure. 

"Then who is it, may I ask?" 

"No. No you may not. But I guess since you already did... It's Captain Pickles here, reporting for duty." Lise replied, and started cracking up laughing. 

"You're a dork," I said, smiling. 

"It's just one of my delicious qualities," 

"Ya. You just keep telling yourself that." 

She got 'serious' again. 

"I will." 

"So do you want me to come over or something?" 

"Duh. That's the whole reason I called you." 

I looked outside. 

"It's raining," I whined. 

"What a coincidence. it is here, too. Fi's over. Brook can't." 

"Fine." I hung up and fell back onto my bed. The ceiling, like the walls, was white. My bed queen sized, when I first moved here was all white, pillows, sheets, comforter and throw. The walls were empty and there was one window with a white curtain. One white dresser and an open closet. The carpet was white and the door was also. My aunt liked to make sure she could see if there were any stains on anything. 

Since then I had painted my dresser dark purple with red and black drawers, added in a white bed stand that soon had a lamp with a black frilly lamp shade, an alarm clock and I had stuffed the drawer with food and gum. 

Blood on the Dance Floor, Black Veil Brides, Underoath, and 30H!3 posters now lined my walls, there were two shelves displaying my CD collection of those bands, Want by 30H!3 highlighted, and my mini teddy bear collection. 

My pillow cases were light blue and purple, my sheets light blue, my comforter light blue with purple stripes and a Black Veil Brides throw. I had a stuffed Soft Kitty from Big Bang Theory that I sleep with every night and that used to sing before the battery ran out. 

I got up and moved the red curtains over the window. I pressed the play button on my iPhone and unzipped my footie pajamas as Carolyn by Black Veil Brides came on. 

I applied purple lipstick in a pocket mirror as i trudged over the white picket fence in the middle of the woods, the property line. 

About halfway to Annalise's house, i perked up as two whinnies came from behind and i spun around. "Sumo," I whispered as I approached my large bay Morgan horse and put my arms around his neck, him lowering his head to my shoulder. 

"Hey Prince," I said and reached out my hand to stroke Lise's horse's nose. He threw his head and backed away. That horse never liked me. 

I passed over the fence that separated the field from the rest of the property, entering the Hopkins' front yard, walking quickly across the dew covered grass and I opened the large wooden door, took off my shoes and yelled "Im here!" and ran through the house and started up the stairs. 

"Oh, Mo, deary, Annalise and Sofie wanted me to let you know that they're up with the horses." The sweet voice of Ms. Hopkins stopping me on the stairs. 

"No they're not." 

Ms. Hopkins sighed. "You know them well." 

I threw the door open and, screaming, flopped down on Lise's bed between the two. "I thought I told you, you can never surprise me." 

Which is true. I've always figured it our. Birthday surprises, pranks, it never worked. It frustrated people. 

The conversation started on that, then moved to horses, then Sofie's new dog, then her brother, then the ever-more popular topic-boys. 

"Do we have to talk about this? I've told you. I don't like boys." I'm not gay. Just not interested.

"Just wait 'till you see the high school boys, Momo. My sister says they're hawt." 

Fi nodded, she wasn't very girly, like me. Lise was almost the opposite. She wasn’t into like pink and lavender and Victoria's Secret or flowers or stuff like that, but she was still more girly. She liked boys. 

I kept trying to move the topic but it was like the world's largest boulder with Annalise. She just wanted to talk about boys. I wanted to go riding but no, of coarse Lise was stubborn and we talked about the hot topic for the next four hours, between food, of course.  

"Dude I'm gunna head home." Fi said, standing up and stretching. She was an extremely attractive young lady, her hair dark chocolate brown and her skin a perfect almost-caramel color. I noted this in a very non-lesbo way. 

"Need a flashlight?" I asked, unzipping my bag. 

"I'm good, thank you." she replied and left the room, a few seconds later we heard the front door open and close. "I better be going, as well." I said, standing up, my hair falling into my face. "See ya." 

"It's always sad when friends leave and you're left alone." Lise said. I shrugged and nodded. "Night. Call my in the morning in case I forget to wake up." 

"I will." 

I slung my bag over my shoulder, grabbed my phone off the bed and left the room. It used to be that we would walk each other to the fence, or our parents would pick us up, but now honestly we didn't even care. 

Instead of going the direct route north through the woods, I went the longer way northwest to square-corners. Square-corners was the small square patch of land about 500 square feet in the middle of Eastern Greatch Wood Corner-Properties Estates, where Sofie, Annalise, Brooke and I live. This route took me out of the trees, which is smart since it was starting to get dark. I took my hood and baseball hat off, they would restrain my view. I picked up the pace, I wasn't afraid, just a little scared.

I hopped the fence and sighed. I thought I would never arrive at square-corners. I walked along the fence-line east until I came to the turn, and I kept following it north. Crack. I spun around, my heart racing. Whatever that was, it sounded heavy. I backed myself up against the fence post, and stood up on my tip-toes and spread my legs and arms out a little. Pop. the sound of another twig popping, closer, from the same direction. That's good, there's probably only one. I thought, my hopes not even going up a little. Out of the dark, directly in front of me, came two black paws and a big, black furry face with a long black muzzle and large black, fuzzy ears. And I was staring directly into its ice-blue eyes. I was making eye contact with a crouching wolf.

It lowered its head a little more, keeping its eyes locked on mine. It took a step closer. I was shaking. It tilted its beautiful face and then turned around and left. I forgot everything I knew, picked up my bag which I had dropped, and ran.

****************

Hey! Sorry that this chapter is kinda boring, but it was just kinda like a starter. Their first day of school is tomorrow, where they may or may not meet the boys... :) Please vote and comment, and I promise it will get better!