Chapter 7~Finally Part I

Chapter 7

Nolan's POV

*two months later, November*

"Well, you know, I really don't want to deal with this bull at the moment. I was in a good mood before, and I'll try to see if I can get back. Ttyl." I felt like a girl saying those last words, but I was in a rush. It was hard to be late when everyone went out at the same time, but I managed to. I stole one more look in the mirror before rushing down the stairs and outside.

I had on my best clothes without getting 'fancy,' a loose shirt that showed my abs and nice jeans. I had also drenched myself in cologne, which hopefully wouldn't repel her. She said a couple of months. It had been a couple months.

I was bouncing up and down, literally, and watching my beautiful mate. Whenever she looked over at me, I snapped my gaze the the ground and tried to calm myself down.

"Man, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to like spray it on, not bathe in it," Dean complained, about what I'm pretty sure was my smell. I just then noticed that there weren't really people weren't really around me. Was it so bad that I was revolting?

It was a comfortable hoodie day, not warm in much of any sense, but not below 40. Maybe 45 to 50. But I didn't bring a hoodie, of coarse. I shivered slightly in my tee shirt. I looked up at her and our eyes met. She smiled slightly, and unzipped her jacket a little, and I couldn't tell if she was taunting or being sexy. Something in me was leaning towards taunting, though.

Since she rejected me it hadn't really been awkward. We still looked at each other at lunch, and shared shy hello's in P.E. she was polite and soft as a butterfly, but quick and sly as a fox if she wanted to be. I had observed first-hand her quick comebacks more than once. She sometimes was involuntary rude, but she apologized as quick as she realized it, which was right away, and it was nearly impossible to stay mad at her anyways, for anyone.

As it turned out, it really didn't matter that I was a little late getting ready and to the bus stop. The big yellow vehicle was nowhere in sight, and we were standing at the end of a flat, straight road that it should have come down five minutes ago. But I pulled myself away from making my move now.

Sofia and Elliott made me so jealous. They stood there just outside of the shack where we stood when it was raining, holding hands, laughing like newly-weds. Elliott had pulled away from his friends and Sofia from hers, they met in the middle, as the seventh graders waited over there, and the freshmen over here, so right in the eighth grade area. They had been dating for two months, but they acted like it was yesterday, only getting in mock fights about why one person stopped kicking that one pebble, or why he would wear that red sweater with those pants. And I ain't gay, but I agreed. Not to be stereotype or anything. Not all homosexual men are like that, and gay guys are pretty cool. I ain't hatin.

What was that? I'm not like that. It was probably her smell getting to me. Apples.

And even without any wolf sense, she could probably smell me. Maybe the full bottle of cologne wasn't the best idea. I felt like a poodle.

Maybe I am.

Okay now I KNOW that something is getting to me. I shook my head back to the present and focused on what was happening now and here. I had been oblivious to the school bus arriving, and kids already lining up to get on. Sofia and Elliott kissed 'goodbye,' even though he would pass her in like three minutes when we got on the bus, and she skipped back over to her friends, who, by the way, are horrid at whispering, and they started whispering about how cute the couple was. I mentally gagged, I could think it was more annoying than cute. Before, Elliott was my best friend who only liked to stare at his mate, now it seemed like he wasn't even friends with Alex, Matthew, and I anymore. Well, if things went as planned, then I would end up like him after today.