Chapter 6~Love Me Back

Elliott's POV

She was here. I could smell it. Coconuts. My wolf howled inside of me and urged me to go find her. I quickly shifted, just because I could barely keep him in, and I wanted my heightened senses. I toned my ears towards the front of my house and I could hear her shoes as they walked along the gravel road up to the pack house. She opened the door cautiously. She was nervous, but it was understandable. She came here around three or four times a year. I heard my mother welcome her, and direct her to my fathers study. I whined, not on my own accord, for I knew that now I wouldn't be able to talk with her for a while. Not wanting to creep, I shifted back, and tried to take her off my mind by going on my iPod. It didn't work. I kept crashing on my car racing game and couldn't focus when I read on Wattpad. Eventually I shifted, put some clothes on and left my room, heading over to Nolan's.

"Dude what's up, you left after third, didn't go to lunch." I asked as I walked in, Nolan lying on his bed. "She rejected me. Man, I asked her out and she rejected me." He replied glumly. I moved some clothes off of his chair and sat down. "Who?" I asked. "Annalise. Lise. My mate." He whined, and I could see that it literally pained him to be rejected. "How'd your wolf take it?" I inquired. "That's why I had to leave. About 100 yards away from the school I couldn't control him anymore and I almost shifted right on the road. I managed to jump into the brush. What if she doesn't love me?" He said, and grabbed his hair. I shrugged. "She will. Trust me." I said. Without even really realizing it, I had stood up.

"What?" Nolan asked and sat up. I raised my nose.

"She's out, my chance. I'm going to go ask Sofia," I whispered, and Nolan, being able to hear me, plopped back down onto his bed. "Good luck," he told me, his voice muffled from his head being pressed into his pillow. I opened the door and walked out, closing it behind me.

I rushed down the stairs and jumped the last five. I rushed around the corner, intent on getting to my dad's office, and she literally ran right into me. Her head collided with my chest, and she dropped her bag and we both stepped back.

"Sorry," we both exclaimed. She smiled shyly, but quickly covered it up.

"Sofia, right? You're Jane Masse's daughter," I asked. She nodded.

"Elliott Jarnold, I believe. Alpha Keegan's son." She replied. I nodded.

"Um, want to talk? You haven't been around in a while." I suggested.

"Yes! Er, sure, I would not mind talking with you," She replied right away. I smiled.

"Living room?" I asked, then added, "Nobody's around."

She nodded. "Sound's nice."

I picked up her bag for her, and we walked around the corner to the living room, her following close behind me. I set her bag on the couch from the back, then went around and sat in the middle. She came around and seated herself nicely at the edge, pretty much as far away from me as she could be while still sitting on the same piece of furniture.

"So, uh, hi," I stuttered. Smooth, dude. My wolf punched me in the gut. Sofia stole a smile.

"Hey," she said, smiling.

"So, eh, er, I kinda wanted to tell you something..." I was nervous, okay?

"Haha, ya, I think that's why we came over here, remember?" she laughed quietly. I nodded and gulped. And then just sat there.

"Pardon me for asking, but doesn't talking involve words?" She asked jokingly. I nodded again.

"Ya, so, um," I scratched the back of

my head.

"You've been staring at me." She smiled.

"Uh, What!" I exclaimed.