Chapter 9-Im always last

Morgan's POV

Three girls screaming into my ear about boys. I would expect this from Lise, but Sofia and Brook? What happened? Jeez, somehow, these three girls got ninth grader boyfriends, and it's not even close to halfway through our seventh grade year.

I got up and stepped outside my room, the wheels turning in my head, I couldn't stop thinking about how weird this is. Three boys that live down the same road, interested in three girls, two years younger, who live down the same road. I just can't figure out why. I feel like I need to figure it out. Well, actually, I DO need to figure it out, before one of my best friends gets hurt.

I am totally jealous, though. I'm not going to try and deny it at all. I want a hot ninth grader boyfriend too, and I know which one.

I have hope on Alexander Kase. It makes sense! He's the other one of the four boys. Sure there are other friends and stuff, but those four are right. Like Brook, Lise, Sofie and I. And yes, so freaking hot. Damn, that time in PE when I ran into him, I could feel the sparks fly with his touch, and his washboard underneath his shirt. And he didn't push me away from him or anything. He's so nice and sweet. I've seen him treat the other girls that he's been with. He's respectable.

Ugh, I'm thinking like he asked me out and I'm deciding if I should say yes or no!

I want to go out and go riding, but Lise isn't home and won't answer her cell. So I decide against going to go get Yabou and so I just sit down with a book. But I can't concentrate.

My phone buzzes, and I'm instantly checking I see if it's Alex. I facepalm myself, he doesn't even have my number. I sigh and check, it's Brook.

From: Brook W.

heyyy girl ;) whatcha doin?

-

I try and decide if I should tell her that I'm thinking about him. I decide not to and just reply like normal.

To: Brook W.

Not much. Hbu?

-

I set down my phone and bang my head against the wall. Why is this so hard?? Its seventh grade. I'm not supposed to be in love!

Wait.

I'm.

In.

Love.

No I'm not. I've never even had a conversation with this dude! It's just been me being clumsy and him apologizing for me running into him or hitting him in the head with a basketball. His voice though-makes me forget whatever I did. And when he says my name, goodness. I barely recognize it as my own. I'm starstruck-and out of my mind. Those three girls are in it to get their hearts broken. There's no way any of these boys could be looking at anything serious with us. We're like kids to them. My phone buzzes.

From: Brook W.

good! Because I have a question...

-

To: Brook W.

Okay..I'm worried! haha what is it girl

-

I have no idea what she wants. Probably for me to come over. My phone buzzes almost instantly after I put it down.

From: Brook W.

hehe...wanna come on a date to the coffee shop with me and Matt?

-

Ugh. I really don't need to watch them have what I want.