Chapter 3

"You are a failure, yes that's what you are!"Tes shouted at her younger brother Jake

  "Don't you ever call me that Tes!" He snapped back.
"I didn't squander the money our parents gave us, I was duped!"he added shouting.

Tes hissed and slapped him"Mum and Dad will be so dissappointed at you, why do you like bringing shame to the family, all the money, everything is gone, you are a big disgrace Jake, you better change!"

  With hands on his cheek, still feeling the pain of the slap, Jake walked towards the door fuming with anger.
Tes didn't bother stopping him, she wanted him to go so far away from her and their family.

He opened the door then suddenly stopped and looked back at his sister, eyes swelling with tears"you are gonna regret this day, I promise you Tes".

"Get the fuck outta my house, I don't ever want to see you".
He then banged door, entered his car and zoomed off quickly.
**
Immediately Tes woke up from her sleep.
That dream.
That was the last time she saw her brother. Tears swelled up in her eyes. She remembered all the harsh things she told him and really regretted it. Now she was being haunted by his spirit.

"Please Jake I'm sorry"she said in tears.
"I'm here because of you, please I'm sorry"she added.
She looked at the wall clock.
It was just 5am.

Suddenly she heard a sound like someone banging on a door.
But it wasn't on her door, it was coming from outside the room.
  "Ooh goodness, Jake is that you,where are you?"
Her hands became sweaty as she stood up from her bed.
The banging became louder as she approached her door but it wasn't on her door.

She quietly unlocked and opened her door, peeping outside to be sure of where the sound was coming from.
It was coming from that door at the farthest corner of the hallway.
Seems like someone was hitting it from the inside.
"That door again" she muttered out loud.
"What's inside that room?"

The banging was so loud that she wondered if Mabel couldn't hear it.
She looked at the door again and came outside her room. She really wanted to know what was behind that door.

With heart pounding, she sighed liked it was going to be her last breathe and walked steathily towards the door.
The more she approached it, the more the banging Increased.
She approached the door and suddenly felt hot.
  She looked at the door and saw that beneath it was red.
It was as if fire was on the other side of the room!
  She reached to pull the door handle when suddenly Mabel held her hand.

  "What are you doing?"asked a shocked Mabel.

  "I'm curious to know what's inside this room, couldn't you hear the banging?"

Mabel sighed and smiled"I heard it, but this room, it's...just don't open it please"

Tes looked at Mabel and didn't just understand why Mabel didn't want her close to the room.

Tes then nodded her head and hugged Mabel, feeling the no-pulse and heartbeat in Mabel's dead body scared her but she hid it.

"Ok dear I'll sleep now" Tes said and left Mabel by the door.
She looked back at Mabel and still saw her staring at the door, then Mabel turned to look at her. She smiled at Tes and suddenly vanished.

"Oh my!! That's something you don't see everyday" Tes said out loud smiling.

She entered her room and locked the door.
She walked towards the bed and suddenly the banging started.
She looked back at her door wanting to check but she didn't want to make a vanishing Mabel angry.

  "There's definitely something behind that door and I'll get to it".

Guys please vote and comment what you think, my first scary write-up💖

What do you think is behind that door?
I'll love to read your thoughts