Chapter 17

A blinding strange white light covers the entire room for some seconds leaving Mrs Manor distracted as her grip on Tes' throat falters once more. Tes manages to free herself quickly and she hits the ground scrambling to get away from Mrs Manor with the little strength she has.
With the little distraction, Mabel finds herself able to move and quickly runs to Tes as the white light quickly fades away revealing Mrs Manor standing once more in front of them with a death glare.
"Mabel you-you....have-have... to break this curse"Tes said as she gasps heavily holding Mabel's hand tightly. Mabel takes a deep breathe as she tries to fight the tears forming in her eyes while the rest of the Manors look on in awe.
Mrs Manor looms in the wreckage of the doorway, eyes glowing with hatred, the wasted skin around her teeth pulled back in a sneer.
Before Mabel could reply, Mrs Manor crosses the room in a streak of red hot flame, lunging for her daughter's throat. Suddenly a figure appears between Mrs Manor and Mabel.

"Jake!"Tes exclaimed.
Jake grits his teeth, one hand clenched around Mrs Manor outstretched arm and his gaze shifts onto Tes.

A smile forms on Tes' lip seeing her brother saving her.
"Release me you pathetic creature!"Mrs Manor roared at Jake.
Mrs Manor claws at Jake's face, leaving deep, dark gouges in his blistered skin.

Mabel knew this was her opportunity to end the curse and set everyone free. She glanced at Tes who nodded her head assuring her to go for it.

"Whatever you have to do, do it quick! I can't hold her much longer! She's too strong!"said James as his grip on Mrs Manor was faltering with her clawed hands digging into his burnt flesh.

Mabel's lip trembles for a moment, then a steely resolves comes over her face.
"Mum!"Mabel shouts at to her mother. Her gaze turns to Mabel, the hatred in her eyes for Mabel could be seen.

An immense force sends Jake backwards as he crashes down.

"Step mum"Mabel says softly as she approaches Mrs Manor.

On hearing that, Tes' eyes widened.
"Step mum?!"

She had heard about the story of the Manors but she never knew they had a step mum.
The secrets in this house won't just stop spilling out.

Mrs Manor glares at Mabel who was now standing right in front of her.
Mabel reaches up for some buttons on her gown which was on the side of her abdomen. She unbuttons them but not fully.
The part unbuttoned reveals a deep wound, digging deep into her flesh. One could literally see inside her body but no blood was coming out.

She turns around so that everyone can see it.

"What is that!"Anabel asked shocked.

Noah squeezed his face in disgust as he was feeling comfortable looking at the deep hole in his sister's abdomen.

Mabel turns back, facing Mrs Manor"you did this to me!"

"I just have only one question.
Why? I thought you loved us. We accepted you into our home, we treated you like you were our biological mother. So why did you have to do this?"Mabel asked as tears start trailing down her cheeks.

Mrs Manor glares at Mabel, the hatred she felt for Mabel was still visible. Seeing Mabel's deep wound didn't move her.
"You want to know why?! You insolent child! That's because you are very ungrateful!" Rose spat at Mabel as she violently pushes her away.

"Ungrateful!? What did I ever do?!"Mabel asked shocked.

Rose let out a laugh and a faint smile appears on her face. She walks around Mabel staring at her.
"Yes I did love you and your siblings. I treated you all like you were my biological children. Little did I know you, Mabel, was planning with your uncle to bring back your birth mother back into this house and into our family!"