CHAPTER 32

For all I had known, you have a big heart that cares for all. And you don't hold grudges, you've forgiven Ya Shu'aib like you mentioned

"Yes, long before we reunite"

"Then what's stopping you from answering his calls? This is the third time he called within 15 hours all because he wants to talk to you but you kindly rejected it like you always did"

But I picked one of his calls when Ammi and Umma boarded their flight to Nigeria last week.

Just one? Haba Fa'iza? Sa'adatu who came in with a tray of drinks chipped in. The duo paid Sa'adatu a visit in her apartment

"You ought to forget and let go. You should give him a second chance, he deserve that " She continued keeping the tray on the center table

"I can't bring myself to forget what he said. The words still echo in my head"

"I understand, but you love him don't you?" Sa'adatu asked in a concerned tone

Basma rose up to pick Munira from her cot  "Of course she does, It's clearly written in her eyes. I mean no girl can resist falling in love with my charming brother"

Handing the baby to her mom, Basma bite a piece of cake and continued "People don't stay together because they forget, people stay together because they forgive each other. Mind you I am not saying this because Ya Shu'aib is my brother. We are humans and we're bound to err. In all situations, we make mistakes. Do we then get hate one another because of one mistake or the other?"

"Easy for you to say Basma"

I understand how you feel but try to give him that chance he's seeking for. Please?

"My thoughts exactly " Sa'adatu concurred

"Okay then. I will see to it"

"That's my sister In-law"

“Shut up” she  elbowed her

“Sa'a what do you think of Basma and Ya Abdulrahman as a couple?” Fa'iza wiggled her brows at Basma who sat eyes popped, with mouth agape.

“Oh yes I think they make a perfect pair honestly”

“Shut up girls!” Warned Basma

“Ohhh someone is shy” teased Sa'adatu

“Wow we’ve come a long way indeed” said Faiza with lots of emotions in her voice

“I never thought we’ll meet again” said Basma

“I always had a feeling that we’ll meet later in life because there’s no way I won’t meet this stubborn head in this life again” said Sa'adatu  trying to light up the atmosphere

Basma held Fa'iza hands “I'm sorry for what my brother did Fai'za. I know it was uncalled for and he doesn't deserve a second chance but please do find it in your golden heart to forgive him. Believe me he has learnt his lesson ”

“It’s okay Basma , we all are humans and are bound to make mistakes, he was angry and...huh just forget it” said Faiza smiling and is trying hard to fight her tears.

“So you’ll all be going to Nigeria after your exams?”

“Yes In sha Allah. The thought if it makes me nervous. It's been a while since I had been there”

“And I will be all alone in this foreign world” Sa'adatu uttered sadly

“You're not alone. Your very own Hubby is with you and also munira. Besides, I can hook you up with my school friends to keep you company while we're away. And the woman from Kaduna who also resides here in the last floor will make a good friend"