Nothing

I feel my heart hammering so hard against my chest. My entire body is shaking, I want to turn and see his face but I don't. I just want Kevin to be here with me.

I am beyond scared, I want to open my mouth and ask him what he wants from me but I can't utter a single word.

"I'm giving you one more chance and I believe you will do the right thing or else you will get burnt" the deep voice says. I feel the pressure on my neck getting eased and footsteps getting fainter as he walks away.

I try to breathe but I can't seem to, my shaking doesn't stop. I want to cry but no tears are forming. I feel numb, I don't know what just happened.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I flinch. I relax when I see it's Kevin and he looks fine.

He takes my hand and lifts me up, he embraces me into a tight hug. His hands wrap tightly around my waist. I hook my hands around his neck and finally the tears come out. He runs his other hand in circles to calm me down.

"The police arrived and they got the two guys but one is missing" he says.

The one that's missing must be the one that just threatened me. I wish I had turned to see where he went.

"H-he pointed a gun at me, he walked away after h-" I stuttered

"What! Did you see him?" I flinched at his hard and scary tone.

"I didn't see him but h-he said I must do the right thing and he walked away" I stuttered again.

"I'm sorry baby I should have never left you. No one is going to touch you while I'm here amour I promise you that" he says so sternly and I sense truth behind his words.

I trust him but all I'm thinking is who sent that guy? What did he mean? It couldn't have been that girl Amber right? I'm still not sure she's the one who sent that text but who else could it be?

My parents.. they're the only ones who would stoop this low to get all my bursary money. They probably hired these guys to scare me, but how? Who the hell do they know in Gauteng?

I'm starting to think it's not my parents. I don't have any serious enemies and I haven't done anything wrong so who could it be?

"I'll find him and he will pay for this" Kevin says while cupping my cheeks and leaning down to give me a soft kiss. I close my eyes and my cheeks flush at his soft pink lips on mine. It feels heavenly as corny as it sounds and he pulls away. I yearn for those lips on me again, this is our first kiss.

I feel some bit of tension leave my body at his words but can't help but still worry. He sweeps me off my feet and carries me back to the car, he buckles me in and closes the door.

"Do you want me to take you home? If you don't want to it's okay" there is a glimmer of hope in his voice.

"No it's okay Unathi must be worried" I say and he nods.

My legs continue to shake through out the drive. He places his hand on my thigh in attempt to soothe me. I place my hand on his, if he weren't here I would be probably feeling helpless. I feel so safe around him and I worry if it's too soon to feel that way.

He stops in front of the building and we stay in the car in silence for a while. I finally open the door and he stops me before I step out by placing his hand on mine.