Driving me crazy

I fluttered my eyelashes as I opened my eyes. The sun was peaking through my curtain, I could hear cars hooting and people walking. The city life is way different than the life back home where I wouldn't have to set an alarm because the black rooster would wake me up. That rooster has been alive since I was very young, rumor has it that it belongs to Ma Ndaba and she uses it to bewitch people. I laugh lightly remembering the crazy rumors that ran around that place,I remember when the pastor stood on the roof at night and it started to rain.

I don't miss that place, it holds bad memories and it's full of small minded people. I would say half of the girls I grew up with have babies and are married.

I decided to stop reminiscing about my hometown and decided to take a hot shower instead. I stretched my arms as I yawned and got out of bed, I walked into the restroom and ran the shower.

I enjoyed the hot water creating a thick steam that towered the glass door of the shower. I stepped out after washing myself clean and wrapped a towel around me. I brushed my teeth, not sure why I didn't start with that first but today I have no classes so I'm free.

I walked back to my room and I let out a high peached scream when I saw Kevin sitting on my bed. I nearly dropped my towel so I clenched my hands around it. What is he doing here?

"Good morning... sorry I frightened you" he smiled and stood up. He made my bed,it was neat and I never make my bed neat no matter how hard I try.

"Um good morning, how did you get in here?" I asked still shocked to see him standing in my bedroom.

"Oh Unathi let me in while you were in the shower. I thought I should come and take you out today" he said but his eyes were wondering all over my body.

"It's 7 am Kevin" I stated, he smiled at me and pushed his hands into his pockets. He looked very good in his all black attire, a black turtle neck with gold chains over it. He was wearing black boots and black jeans along with a black beanie.

Those chains are blinding me and I'm sure they must have cost a fortune.

"Okay can you step out so I can get dressed?" I raised an eyebrow.

He stalked towards me with a mischievous smile plastered on his lips. "Why? Are you worried I might rip that towel off you?" he asked

"Kevin stop" I said with a smile on my lips, I just can't take him seriously sometimes.

"Mmh don't worry I'm a gentleman I'll wait and it'll be worth it" he said and stepped back.

I rolled my eyes at him, I know he wouldn't try to do something that would make me feel uncomfortable that's how much I trusted him.

"I'll wait for you in the kitchen" he said and walked out, he closed the door behind him. I released a little scream out of excitement and my heart was beating incredibly fast.

Damn you Kevin James! He is driving me crazy and I'm loving it.

I ran through my closet and picked up a white jacket and off white track pants and put on my Dr Martin boots.

I feel so relaxed today, I haven't thought about yesterday's incident too much because I know how anxious I get. I want to ask Kevin if he took care of it as he said.

I turned on my phone, I switched it off when going to bed last night. I looked at the 2 new messages I got from that unknown number again. My hands started to shake nearly dropping my phone.

My heart started to race again and this time it wasn't out of excitement. I opened the text, I wondered what they wanted to threaten me with this time.

I'm sorry for being a thorn on your side, I got the wrong person I thought you were someone else. The first message read.