It all Began

I walked up to the door, awaiting to see who was on the other side knocking. I turned the door knob to only see some guy holding a plate full of cookies. He was tall and had a smooth chocolate skin tone, he was definitely good looking. He smiled and just stared at me for a while.

"Hi I'm Samkelo and I heard you're my new neighbors so I wanted to welcome you. I know it's late but I had to fill some forms at the university head office" he announced.

I just looked at him in surprise. Unathi stood up to stand beside me to see who was knocking.

"Oh these are for you" he handed Unathi the plate which she took gracefully.

"Um thank you, I'm Enhle and this is Unathi" I introduced.

"I heard you say you were at the university head office. Are you a student there?" Unathi asked.

I realized we were still standing at the door so I let him in. I don't know if that was smart, he was a stranger and the possibilities were endless. But it would seem rude if we didn't invite him in. I indicated for him to sit which he did.

"Yes I'm doing my third year in medicine at the university of Johannesburg" he said.

So he lives next door and attends the same university as us. Maybe he can show us around since we newbies around here.

"We're are doing our first year,we just arrived today" Unathi said as she set the plate on the counter and came to join us.

"Oh um well then welcome, what are you studying?" he asked, he said his name is Samkelo right?

"I'm doing a course related to medicine, I want to be a surgeon and my friend here a therapist slash model" I said.

"Oh can you accompany us to the head office tomorrow, we don't really know the varsity that well. We have to submit some remaining papers" Unathi said, I bet she's already having dirty thoughts judging by the looks she's giving him.

"I would love to" he said standing up and walking to the door.

"Thank you Samkelo" I said and gave him a warm smile.

"Call me Sam" he said and said his goodbyes before leaving.

"Oh my God! Did you see him? He looks so hot, I want him!" She exclaimed as she sat back on the couch.

"You should be ashamed of yourself Unathi. You don't even know him" I gave her a disapproving look.

"But I know I like him, I mean he probably wants me too. He was staring at me the entire time".

*
The next morning I was quick to take a shower and brush my teeth. I chose a decent outfit and I thought of tying my hair into a ponytail but decided to let it free. I took Unathi's hair straightener and straightened it. It did work but the curls at the end were not having it but it looked really good.

My hair reaches my waist and I try to cut it but it always grows back in a week so I gave up and just let it stay it's long self. My hair is also very silky just like a barbie doll's hair so I can gladly flip it if anyone messes with me.

Unathi was already done getting ready by the time I finished my hair. I was debating if we should go knock at Sam's door and let him come to us. But these city people wake up late so we don't want to annoy him on just our second encounter.

I grabbed our papers we needed to submit. We were eating our breakfast when he knocked and entered. I'm sure Unathi was having a mini heart attack right now. He looked good in his ripped black jeans and oversized white t shirt.

"Good morning ladies" he said in his polished English tone.

"Hi Sam" we said simultaneously.

"Are you ready to go?" he pushed his hands in his pockets and waited for us to finish our breakfast before we walked out and locked the door. We got into the elevator and it took us to the first floor. We then walked out to the university which was a four minute walk. It was such great convince that our building was close to the university.