Warnings

My Christmas present to you all....ENJOY!

____________________________________________________________________________

 After waking suddenly due to the tingles in my arm sharpening and the mounting noise beside me, I sat up in my bed to fully take in the sight next to me; Dobby was perched on top of a now wide-awake Harry, sponging his forehead. “Dobby?” spoke Harry and I at the same time, only Harry’s exclamation sounded more surprised in contrast to my sleepy greeting.

Dobby passed me a meaningful smile before turning back to Harry. “Harry Potter came back to school,” whispered Dobby miserably. I listened carefully to every word, knowing Dobby would be breaking his masters rules by coming here; what ever he had come here to say, he would suffer for in return. “Dobby warned and warned Harry Potter. Ah sir, why didn’t you heed Dobby? Why didn’t Harry Potter go back home when he missed the train?”

In silence I watched Harry’s reaction and was shocked by Dobby confession about shutting the gates to prevent Harry and whoever Ron was, from getting on the train. What is Dobby going to such lengths for? While I thought through possible explanations, Dobby’s agonized confessions seeped into my mind to fill in the blanks. Dobby wanted to protect Harry that much is obvious! But how did Dobby know Harry would be in danger? It took only a moment for the chilling answer to hit me like a brick wall…Dobby’s masters! This thought sent cringes down my spine.

It wasn’t until Dobby’s next words that I put half of the pieces together; “Harry Potter must go home! Dobby thought his bludger would be enough to make-” Dobby’s bludger! Okay so normally Dobby’s harmless, yet he’s sending evil bludgers to stalk Harry and closing gates to ensure Harry didn’t come to school; why?

“Ah, if Harry Potter only knew!” Dobby groaned as his tears hit Harry’s sheets. Zoning out again, I let my mind wander briefly before being pulled back, once again, by Dobby’s words. “…And now, at Hogwarts, terrible things are to happen, are perhaps happening already, and Dobby cannot let Harry Potter stay here now that history is to repeat itself, now that the Chamber of Secrets is open once more-” My eyes snapped to Dobby’s frozen face, the horror-struck expression held by Dobby’s strangely sized features, I recognized to mean that he’d said too much.

For a strange reason I abruptly felt myself freeze also, my thoughts taking control. Dobby’s masters must have something to do with the re-opening of the Chamber of Secrets…Metal note; find out more about this Chamber. To do list; find out if this school has a library, if so, visit library, talk to Dumbledory, write back to Kenza and send letter to Hope asking about being petrified.

Snapping out of my frozen state, my eyes looked towards the doors as silence fell between Dobby and Harry, all three of us now alert at the sound of approaching footsteps. “Dobby must go!” and with that he was gone, in unison Harry and I assumed our sleeping positions. Having directed myself carefully I had a hidden view of the door, which within moments had Dumbledory backing into the hospital wing, the light catching his woolly dressing gown and nightcap. The man looked awesome to say the least! Hell, Dumbledory could wear a bin bag and make it look Godly. Oh the envy…

As he backed more into the room, light fell on what he was carrying; narrowing my eyes, I zoned in on the peculiar thing, seeming to be one end of a statue. Once fully into the room, I watched as the strict looking lady, Professor McGonagall, appeared moments later trailing with the other end of the statue only to then lift it onto one of the beds. When one of the Professors returned with Madame Pomfrey, her sharp intake of breath suggested this was something the Matron had been hoping not to see.