Bad Luck

Kyra POV

It didn't take long to arrive to the dungeon, Finral dropped us off fairly close to the location.

Currently we were walking through a pitch-black tunnel, we had a light but Asta broke it after tripping over air. You'd think someone of his height would have a better relationship with the ground since he's always so close to it.

"Stop stepping on my foot!"

"Huh?! I can't help it, it's dark in here."

I let out a forced breath of air, the two of them had been fussing ever since we stepped foot in the tunnel. Despite their arguing, neither one would let go of me, forcing me to remain in the middle of the two as they constantly bickered.

Now I wouldn't say I had low patience, being raised in an orphanage with younger kids had taught me how to be patient. But the longer we stayed in this cramped, dark space with the two of them, the more annoyed I grew.

"Ah, this must be it." Luck spoke for the first time since entering, bringing all of our attention to a growing stone in the wall. The light was bright enough to show Lucks hand as he reached up and pushed the cement block out of its place. The action directly resulting in the wall collapsing and revealing beautiful room full of brick maze like structures, waterfalls connected to streams and a bunch of glowing mana orbs floating around.

"Whoa," I found myself signing out as I continued to look around, not even bothering to scold Asta as he let out a loud yell of awe.

"This place it cool, it's full of mana too. The strongest point is up there." Luck's voice sounded closer than it did before, it was then did I notice the boy was standing right next to me.

Nodding my head, I agreed with him along with Noelle. "Huh, mana? You can feel it?" Asta asked, his tone sounding confused.

"Yeah, you can't?" Noelle responded looking at Asta who dropped down to his knees, fake tears falling from his eyes, "I see, I guess people with no mana wouldn't feel it either."

Hearing her words, Asta let out a loud yell of frustration, "Having mana seems so cool, I wanna feel mana too!"

Walking over to the crying boy, I pet his head. "It's okay Asta, I can describe it to you if you want?" Immediately, Asta nodded his head, sparkles in his eyes as he looked up at me. I could feel Noelle and Luck's eyes on me as well, "Alright, you know the feeling you have when you put butter on bread right? Mana kinda feels like that, except the bread isn't bread but is a soft and sweet tart and the butter isn't regular butter, but a savory berry jam and you aren't just spreading it on your also saving some for yourself and using it as a fuel for your body."

"I see," Asta spoke, backing away from where he held onto my legs. His bangs were covering his eyes, so I couldn't properly see what emotion he was feeling, but I didn't need to guess long because the boy suddenly turned and slammed his hands on the ground with a shout of, "I see absolutely nothing!"

As soon as his hands slammed on the ground, a rock spouted and nearly hit the ash haired boy. Luckily, he jumped back in time and used his sword to dispel the trap.

"Trap magic?" Noelle asked, looking around the ground so see what could have set it off. I also looked at the ground spotting a magic circle of sorts.

Luck seemed to have noticed it to because he pointed towards it, "Over here." Noelle and Asta walked over to look at the magic circle.

"Where?" Asta asked, not able to find it.

"Here!" Luck answered, shoving the unsuspecting boy in the direction of the rune, clapping when Asta was nearly hit.

I blinked owlishly at the blond, not knowing what to say about his attempt on Asta's life.