Chapter 53

"It would have been easier if Ethan was with us," Erica whispered. I nodded and went forward. Spiders were weaving their web peacefully without noticing our arrival. "Serhens worshipped here thousands of years ago," Erica reminded the historical facts. We kept silent as we walked forward into the dark hallway. Our eyes were tired of focusing on the darkness. The gem in my pocket glowed in purple. Much to my dismay, the moment the gem glowed, one by one, the dark hallway was glowing in pink and purple. It was full of stones on the walls. The entire place was stunning. All of sudden, my amulet levitated. It was sparkling in purple. There was slight smoke around the amulet. Erica was about to scream but I covered her mouth with my hand. It seemed as someone came out from the amulet. 

 She looked drop-dead gorgeous. Her hair was silver-blue balayage and her baggy pants with her blue top were making her look adventurous. "Finally," She told after taking a deep breath. The voice was familiar. "Erela?" I asked. "Yes, I am! It's so good to see you in person. The last time I saw you," Erica cut Erela, "You have seen Cora before?" To be honest, I had the same doubt. "I have the answers but I need to get back to my place. Follow me!" She said with her smiling elated face. Erica raised both eyebrows towards me. I rolled my eyes and looked aside. Something feather-like in neon blue flew towards us. There were hundreds. "Pleasure," Erela said as she grabbed one. "What are these?" I asked her. "These are the ancient guardians of this Temple. Actually, you guys are just on time. We can meet their leader to enquire," She didn't continue. I was a bit confused. "WHAT? Can't you tell anything clearly?" I raged.

"Cora, learn to be patient. Now just follow me," She said with her elated face. "At least can you tell us that where are we heading to?" Erica asked curiously. "HAHAHAHA!!! You guys really can't stay patient," She giggled. Erica and I exchanged looks. We kept following her. As she headed forward, she was singing a weird haunting song. I kept an eye on my wand and the gem. Uncannily, my amulet glowed in purple whenever Erela hit high notes. When she sang slower, the glow of the amulet became dimmer. Erica noticed it too. "She must know about your amulet," Erica whispered. I just nodded as I was shell-shocked. Erela stopped singing, "Here we are! A pleasure to be here back!" she said with peace and joy in her voice. 

The ancient guardians were still following us. It was pitch dark. The glow of my amulet whenever Erela sang made us easier to walk. So, I took my wand and cast a spell. A fierce fireball was levitating without wrecking anyone and anything. "I was about to ask you about this fireball! Thank goodness you are fast!" Erela looked at me and smiled. I smiled. "Now, ready for another slide?" Erela asked excitedly. Erica and I exchanged looks as we wanted to decline but all we felt was the ground we were standing was quacking. The ground disappeared in seconds as we fell and slide through another underground slide. It seemed like a gigantic cave. The walls were engraved with spells and warnings. There were lots of engravement of witches and wizards pictures and names. Each witch's and wizard's picture had their birthstone engraved with.

"Erela, why are we here?" Erica asked Erela. To my dismay, Erela burst into laughter. She tried to speak as she tried to calm herself. "You guys came here first!" She said while giggling. "You brought me here. On Purpose!" I said with my grumpy face. She didn't deny it. "Get ready to jump!" She screamed as she jumped on a humungous flower petal that held her like a baby. Luckily, Erica and I jumped and fell on the same petal. It was so soft and cold. "Now, climb down by jumping from one leaf to another. We are not much far from Hatakuna," Erela said as she jumped on another leaf. We didn't want to be stuck at that petal. So, we followed her. When we hit the ground, Erela started walking forward. "Wait! We need to talk," I said firmly. "Not now, Cora. Don't act as you know about this Temple! The Forbidden Temple!" She said in a spooky way.

"What's going on? You haven't told me about Ethan and Kanyal. Now, we are following someone who just jumped out from your amulet. Next, an elephant will jump out and you want to ride it?" Erica had temper issues which she tried to control for a long time. "Unfortunately, the elephant might know more about our kingdoms than us," I snapped. "Fine. You have a point. Well, are they safe?" She asked concernedly. "I hope they are. They are stuck with Lexter and a Serhen, Zoya," I said hopelessly. "Wait what? So, that is why Zoya didn't have her tongue? So, the Captain cut her tongue because it was her time to be cut!!! OMG! How come I did not think about this!!!" Erica freaked out. At that moment, I laughed out so loud. Erela joined me. "Wow, Erica! You're not what I thought. Smarter than usual," Erela said. I was stunned as that was what I thought in my mind. I kept silent. 

"Hey guys, we will have to change ourselves into unrecognizable. The people who live here should not know about us and that you're Lexter's soulmate," Erela said as she hurried to an abandoned shelter. I was thrilled. "What? What Did You Say??? Lexter can't be!" I trembled terrifically as I looked around. Only Erela and Erica were with me. "Oh silly! Your parents vowed in Ardian. Entire World knows that," Erela said as she wasn't surprised. "NO! The entire world doesn't know about it! I am equally terrified as Cora, Erela! AND YOU!" Erica said as she turned towards me. "WHY ON THE EARTH YOUR PARENTS  VOWED LIKE THAT!!!" She was freaking out. "Wait, I myself am really confused!" I tried to calm myself. 

"Cora, you seriously don't know?" Erela asked as she was surprised. She sat on the floor.