Chapter 11

Mom and Lama were waiting for me. Our former army members gathered with them. I could barely remember the general's face but his name was still fresh in my mind, General Maven Lorenzo. He was one truly loyal general in our history. "My dear Crustelicians, we gathered here to take back our kingdom. The time has arrived. We need justice for King Fabian, Queen Bargan and Prince Aiden. Now after years of practice, these two weeks are going to be crucial. Use every single minute to fight back," his voice was firm and stable. He was as same as before the attack. I joined them and " You're right General Maven Lorenzo but can we fight back an aventurine attack again? Are our army capable to fight against aventurine?" I could see the joy in his eyes. "Princess?" he whispered. I nodded. He was seeing me after so many years. I could even witness tears of joy in his eyes but he was still standing straight and still. After few seconds, he realized my question and, "Princess, we are not capable to fight against aventurine again but we can fight back," there was silence between everyone. I stared at him. "We can't lose!" I confessed but Lama came near me, "Cora, you have a training session now. Get ready for training!" I have never seen Lama so serious and I understood his command.

  The soldiers were practising their war tactics meanwhile mine was just about to start. Lama brought me to the hidden library in Corta, Capital of Crustel. I was accompanied by mom. Only Lama and I know there is a hidden library in Corta. I turned mom into a sparrow and I turned into an eagle just like Lama. We flew there. On the way, I saw children playing in front of a bakery. I watched them and heard their conversation. One was passing a ball to another while, "Why is our history book is so complicated. It says Bargan was once a queen of Crustel but how did she become human?" and the one who received the ball replied, "Yeah, there is something fishy. I couldn't understand it. Tomorrow we have exams on History of Crustel," I continued flying while giggling. Mom and Lama knew the reason as they heard the kids. Everything I knew was saving Crustel is my only deed and responsibility.

 We landed on a tree branch beside the doorknob of an abandoned scary building. I remembered the weird creepy building. It was sealed but nothing could stop us. We turned into tiny ants and sneaked inside the building. Right after we entered the hall, we turned back into human form. My eyes immediately met the blue-covered book full of dust. It was on a table where that was the book I read last time I came to the library. It was still there. I went near it but Lama stopped me. "No more emotional thoughts Cora. We have to find that book!" Lama reminded me. It was dark. I used my wand and created a levitating fireball. The fireball followed us as it gave brightness. As mom and Lama were searching for the book, the book about war tactics and related to my power, I heard someone screeching in a low volume. I tiptoed towards the stairs. The stairs that were made of truccle wood was still strong. I climbed upstairs. There was another room filled with books but I have never seen such books. They were huge. 

  There was a warning board on my left. "If you start reading one, finish it before starting another one" It was strange. I have never seen such a section in this building before. I went near the bookshelves. There was a book covered with so much dust. I tapped on it and saw small clouds of dust around the book. It had a hard green cover and the pages were so old and plain. I didn't open the book but when I put it back on the table it was shaking and vibrating. I opened it. Before I focused on the content, it turned the pages themselves and showed me page number 289. There was a picture of aventurine and tranquets. I took that book immediately and bolted downstairs. I ran while screaming out, "Lama! Mom! See this!" They were stunned. They came near the stairs. "What is it Cora?" both of them asked together at the same time and same tone. "I found it upstairs. There was an unusual section..." and I told everything. Lama looked up as he examined the stairs. "I never knew there was such section. Maybe this book..." he didn't continue. He saw mom. "Maybe it is the book! Siku za usoni!" Mom told us with a low deep voice. It couldn't be happening. Siku za usoni is a book written by our ancient sorcerer during a war in Corta between Lanshiren and Crustelician. He predicted the future and everything happened as he wrote. Once he cursed a Lanshiren who was admiring his sorcery and trying to overtake him. He turned that Lanshiren into a tranquet and that tranquet is the leader, well, father of Erica. 

 Everyone was scared to face that sorcerer. He wrote this book and disappeared after few days. He is still remembered by everyone in Crustel especially people in Corta. Lama shook his head. He wandered around. Mom was scared to see the future but I was...well I was brave to know what happens next in Crustel. I started reading it. Lama and Mom didn't stop me. They knew I was doing something right or they might be afraid to see the future. The picture of Erica's father and a young girl fighting. She was accompanied by a black panther, a strong woman and an old wise man. I knew the girl was me, the black panther was Lama and the strong woman was mom but I didn't recognize him, the old man. He wasn't familiar. Fortunately, I saw a bright future with joyful Crustelicians at the end of the book. I wanted to see more about the future but The Sorcerer actually didn't complete the book. There was a note behind the book. It was a handwritten note. "You know what happens in the end but it is not as easy as you see. The book is incomplete because this book will be continued by the heir of the throne. She will decide the future not me. She is something different. She is going to change Crustel for only one reason which her heart is forcing her to do. She will always follows her heart no matter what.  TNUOM SIHT LLEPS NEHW NI DEEN!" The last sentence reminded me of the riddle. I was sure he might use the same tactic as my grandmother and my idea worked. 'Mount this spell when in need' I felt the muscles on my cheeks expanding. Literally, I was smiling.