Chapter 40

Ban stood outside Ayano's room "Aya.. let's talk"

Ayano lifted her head up and slowly got out of bed before walking to the door and opening it. Ban and Ayano stood ontop of the tavern alone.

"So... what's the whole truth?" Ban asks "Out of all the sins I guess you could say we're the closest aren't we? So tell me, what you wouldn't tell the others"

"...their's no spell on me" Ayano admits quietly "I know how to break the curse.. but I don't want to tell him"

"And?" Ban questions "why not?"

"Because.. I'm not ready" Ayano sits down

Ban looks down at her "Not ready to die or.."

"I'm not ready to face reality" Ayano hugs her knees to her chest

"So, how does he break the curse?" Ban asks

"...he has to choose.. me or Elizabeth" Ayano answers "and i'm not ready for his answer"

"And you're afraid he'll choose the princess" Ban looks up at the sky "I figured as much.. does anything special happen once he breaks the curse"

"The eternal constant life and death thing will stop" Ayano replies "If he chooses Elizabeth they'll live their last life as they wish and then die together when it's time, and then I'll return to my position in the demon realm or remain on earth if I wish.."

"And what if he chooses you?" Ban asks

"Elizabeth will get to return to the heavens or remain on earth while me and Meliodas will live out our demon years together as we wish" Ayano replies "but our rightful positions would be as the new demon king and queen as intended 3000 years ago"

"Mm" Ban nods "anything else you wanna admit"

Ayano shakes her head no

"Alright" Ban pats her back "just know whatever happens, the sins will always have your back, but if we somehow end up on different sides I won't hold back" he chuckles "but it's not like that'll ever happen"

"...yeah" Ayano replies staring off

Ban stares off into the sky looking a bit grim "..yeah"

-

The sins all stand outside together as they finally approached The City Stronghold Corand. 

"Alright everyone, let's all get out there, dispel that dimensional distortion and enter Camelot!" Meliodas says

Escanor points to the gate "Captain... There's someone standing on the bridge leading into the city"

"Zeldris" Ayano mumbles

"Have you come here for Elizabeth's sake?" Zeldris asks "If so, then that means she's still alive... What a stubbornly resilient woman, wouldn't you agree?"

"Why is he here?! Captain, this is a trap!" Merlin shouts

"Wake up already and stop being imprisoned by that woman" Zeldris glares at his elder brother

Meliodas lunges at Zeldris

"Captain!" The sins shout

Meliodas draws his Lostvayne and activates his demonic power. Meliodas attacks Zeldris which results in the debris flying everywhere.

"Like shooting stars... This is bad! Camelot is in that direction!!" King panics

"It's alright, don't worry" Merlin says and the debris is destroyed by the distortion over Camelot.

"Diving in to attack even though you knew it was a trap... It seems you're quite furious at Zeldris, now aren't you, Prince Meliodas," A voice says.

"Melascula" Meliodas says

Her darkness comes up from the ground "Dark Cocoon"

Meliodas is consumed in darkness

"Captain!" the sins shout

An army of skeletons appear, the Sins immediately engage in battle. The skeletons were powered by Meliodas's dark energy. During all the commotion, Ayano slips away and runs into Camelot.

 "Where the hell is he" Ayano walks around the destruction

As the battles raged on she could feel powers rise and fall gradually, many things were happening.

"Sis" Zeldris appears next to her

"Ah!" Ayano jumps back before hitting him over the head "you idiot you scared me!"

"Ow! Don't hit me!" Zeldris shouts

Ayano sighs "So what's going on?"

"Nothing good" Zeldris crosses his arms "the goddess arrived with her powers restored"

"I told you returning her memories would pose a threat" Ayano turns to him "so.. the plan?"

Zeldris takes out a dagger laced with demonic energy and holds out his hand "Give me your necklace"

"Why?" Ayano puts her hand around her necklace

"So I can destroy it" Zeldris replies "you want your full powers don't you?"

"But Meliodas took the seals off already" Ayano says confused

"If that was the case you'd have your horns wouldn't you?" Zeldris questions

"...I would.." Ayano growls "that bastard didn't even trust me to take all the seals off, no wonder I still felt weak after regaining my goddess powers"

"He only took off enough seals to keep you alive" Zeldris tells her and holds his hand out "give me"

Ayano takes off her necklace and hands it to Zeldris. He places it on a rock before stabbing the demon blade right through it shattering it. Ayano's eyes glow red and her entire body is consumed by darkness.

Zeldris smirks "It's time"

-

Demon Meliodas and Escanor are in a perfect cube together prepared to battle.

"What an interesting transformation" Escanor says "You seem completely and thoroughly different from the usual Captain. Are my words getting through to you?" 

"Silence. You impertinent, vila, lowly human! I am Meliodas, leader of the Ten Commandments!" Demon Meliodas shouts "I order you to release me!"

"Aw but you look so comfortable in their Meli"

"Finally Ayano's back" King says

The Sins turn and look at her but can't believe their eyes.. she had changed into her true demon form.

"What?" Ayano smirks "miss me?"