chapter 4; across the desert

we start off focusing on aladar walking through the desert at sun-set. He walks to the misfits place and rests down. He see's naylene a juvenile nemegtosaurus on her own.

aladar; " hey you! Where are your parents they must be worried sick? "

naylene; " their dead. They were devoured by some tyranosaurus "

aladar; " tyranosaurus? "

eema; " mouthful of seratted teeth with a bad attitude "

naylene: " well that could also describe allosaurus, spinosaurus, tarbosaurus, giganotosaurus and carnotaurus "

eema; " ok yeah fair enough bad description of a carnivore "

yar; " so what i dont understand about you dinosaurs is that some of you can talk like us purgatoris but some like ( indicates to the pssitacosaurus ) "

eema; " his name is earl "

yar; " right sure Earl cant speak. I dont understand that "

eema; " well do all mammals have the same intelligence? "

yar; " no "

eema; " well their you go "

the dinosaurs go to sleep we focus on aladar sleeping a shadow looms in front of him.

velociraptor; " boo! "

aladar; " ahhhh! "

velociraptor; " classic "

aladar; " hey out of evreyone hear. You look the most like me "

velociraptor; " oh come on your clearly no velociraptor feathers are all the wrong colors skull is different claws to short etc"

aladar; " oh "

velociraptor; " hey whats your name? "

aladar; " uh aladar "

neera; " im neera "

neera; " listen aladar i never knew my folks. I was raised by saichania "

aladar; " saichania? "

neera; " the club tails. I beleive you met my brother kron "

aladar; " brother? oh dear "

neera; " once you get past the exoskeleton he is a real softie "

aladar; " was that an anatomy joke? "

neera; " maybe. Look a ring tailed skink! "

aladar; " wait what!? you have these in mongolia? "

the skink walks past the raptors.

neera; " yeah of course. You think their ring tails are for managing heat or for display? "

aladar; "probably a bit of both "

neera; " yeah same. Kron gets realy annoyed when i stop to see them

aladar; " my family can be the same sometimes. "

neera; " you know you dont have to sleep back here with these guys? im sure i could convince kron and brutton to put you at the front of the herd "

aladar; " im sorry but no my family and the misfits they need me i dont think they will last long around here on their own. "

neera; " shouldnt we just let nature takes its course? "

aladar; " i think if we are smart enough to acknowledge what nature is and that parts of it is wrong. We should be able to rise above it to help those who need it, "

he walks back to the misfits and sleeps. Neera looks at him and then at the skink before heading back to the front of the heard.

as the sun rises we see kron roars at the sky he turns to his sinoceratops ally brutton.

kron; " brutton give them the briefing "

brutton; " yes sir. Listen up meat sacks this is our final push to find water afterwards we go to the nesting grounds we will be marching across the desert and if you encounter carnivores your on your own "

the herd runs across the desert and we get a transition of the migration. We see eema struggling in the heat as earl pants like a dog. We focus on the mother oviraptor nudging her dead babies who died of dehydration before calling at the sky. We see aladar helping eema walk through the sand. 

aladar; " come on eema evrey step forward is a step closer to water "

As they walk gigantoraptors stalking the misfits. And a limping galimimus the gigantoraptor lunges at naelyn before aladar spots it and hisses showing off his arm feathers scaring off the raptor. He helps the misfits get away but looks back and see's the gigantoraptor chewing on the now dead therizenosauurs.

we cut to later on in the day with the raptors chewing on the dinosaur's skeleton. Then the ground begins to shake. A few leave except for one that keeps chewing a shadow looms over him and the tyranosaurus bites down on the gigantoraptor eating it as its mate sniffs the air,

 A few leave except for one that keeps chewing a shadow looms over him and the tyranosaurus bites down on the gigantoraptor eating it as its mate sniffs the air,

after the male swallows its prey the female nudges him and puts its head forward pointing to some footprints left by the herd. The male licks his lips.