Chapter 3

"Land ho!" Polly shouted.

Sawyer sat in his chair looking at the land getting closer. He couldn't stand the slow docking of his boat. He wanted to get off and look for Willow, but he couldn't. Beargulch was one of the many places that he was wanted. But unlike few other places that didn't have people on the lookout for him, Beargulch did. They had guards patrolling the land daily. And all because the prince of these people had pissed him off. And you see Sawyer doesn't take too kindly to people who piss him off. He had injured the prince by shattering one of his legs. The leg was so badly shattered that Sawyer heard word that they had to amputate the leg.

"Sir we will be on the lookout for any signs of Willow," Treasure said.

"Just go," Sawyer snapped.

His crew left to gather what they needed and look to see if Willow was here. But he already knew she wasn't the wind was blowing from inland out to the ocean. He would have picked up her scent if she was here. Looking at his map he lets out a growl. Putting a red X through the name Beargulch he waits for his crew to return.

Hours go by and still no one has returned to the boat. Getting agitated he starts to pace the boat. Not once did anyone return to drop any of the supplies that were needed. Finally having enough waiting Sawyer makes his way off the boat and searches for his crew. He had to stick close to the shadows or crowds just to not be seen by the many guards.

"By any chance have you seen the girl on this flier?" That was Does voice.

Snapping his head in the direction of her voice Sawyer saw the twins talking to a couple of young women. The women looked at the flier then back at the twins. They all looked very confused as to why the two feline girls were asking.

"Sorry, we haven't," a soft-spoken spaniel girl said.

"And if we have we would have already collected the reward for that princess," a spiteful bear-like girl said.

Sawyer had to hold back a growl. He didn't want to risk someone noticing him. Looking around Sawyer saw a pebble. Picking it up Sawyer made sure no one was paying attention, then threw the little rock. It smacked Joe in the back of the head. Turning around to see what had smacked her she saw Sawyer standing a few feet away glaring at them. He watched her turn to her sister and them excuses themselves from the two women. They walked away from the women and down an alley. He made a detour before walking down the same alley as them. Once standing face to face with the twins Sawyer couldn't help but let his anger show.

"What the hell are you two doing!?" He seethed.

"Trying to find out if anyone has seen Willow," Doe said.

"So far no one has seen her," Joe added.

"Did it ever acquire to you that if someone took Willow they'd let you know that they've seen her," Sawyer snapped doing his best to keep his voice low.

By the look on their faces, Sawyer took that the twins had not taken that into consideration. They looked upset now.

"We're sorry," Joe said.

"We just want Willow back," Doe added.

"I know, we all do," Sawyer said feel exhausted," but we don't know who helped take her."

He looked at them and saw that they were staring at him concern flooded their eyes.

"What's with the looks?" Sawyer asked.

"We know that everyone misses Willow," Doe said.

"But you seem to be taking it the hardest," Joe added.

Sawyer didn't say a word. He knew they were right but that didn't mean anything to him.

"Look she's not here," Sawyer said," if she was I'd have picked up her scent when we docked."

The twins looked sadden now. Knowing that their friend wasn't here made him feel the same way as them. Sad.

"Just look for the others and tell them if they don't hear a word about Willow get what we need and make it back to the boat," Sawyer said," I don't want to be here any longer."

The twins didn't say a word. They just nodded their heads in understanding and went to find the others. With a sigh, he leans against the brick wall. He was exhausted and just wanted all this to be over. Pushing off the wall he makes his way back to the boat.

Making it to the boat Sawyer placed a hand on his head. It felt fuzzy. His vision started to blur as he walked onto the boat. Everything started to spin as Sawyer made it to the middle of his boat. He heard Polly's voice but couldn't make out what his feathered friend was saying. Darkness took his vision before he collapsed.