Chapter One:

BaCkStOrY TiMe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katniss and Peeta were never reaped, and neither was Primrose.

thus the spark was never made and there was no rebellion.

and so the games continue!!!!!!

ANYWAY'

Katniss fell in love with Peeta and they got married at 18.

Peeta took over the bakery and the rest of his family lives elsewhere.

so Katniss moved in with him.

and this is where our story begins.....

.

***

.

"Aaliyah, get up!" mother calls from downstairs in the bakery.

running a brush through my long blonde hair i look quickly in the mirror.

other town kids always made fun of my big gray eyes.

they all had gorgeous blue eyes like my father does, but my parents are the odd couple.

almost none of the men in town marry Seam girls. most of them are sluts and prostitiutes.

but Dad says that he thought Mom was beautiful since they were 5 years old, and says he doesnt care what other people think.

"sweetheart, its reaping day. go put on something nice." Mom says sincerely, kissing the top of my head and watching me go back up the stairs.

Mother is also very cost effective.

the way she was raised she had to hunt illegally in order to support her family, and they still had nothing.

sometimes shell even cry when dad buys her nice things, saying it was a waste and she doesnt deserve it.

slipping on a sea green dress with short sleeves, i pull my hair back in a high ponytail, pushing my bangs back out of my face.

walking back downstairs dad gives me a hug, before handing me a list of pastries to frost and dissapearing upstairs with mom.

pulling an apron around my waist i pull the fresh baked cinnamon rolls out of the oven when the front bell rings through the first floor.

"oh, Hey." i say when i turn around, coming face to face with Aunt Prim and Uncle Rory.

"hi. happy reaping!" my cousin, Lily says.

easy for her to say.

shes only 7 and im 12 so its my first reaping, and all she has to do is watch.

i'm glad for living in the square and in the bakery, because i never have to sign up for tessare.

Lily has 2 but after that my mom wouldnt let her and began giving them money to get by with.

i know all we eat is stale bread and squirrels, but thats better than nothing.

reaping day is one of our best selling days each year because people have feasts to celebrate another year of their children bieng safe.

while two families will be drawing their shutters closed and mourning the weeks to come.

i also take after my father in how i can paint and decorate things.

as for my mother, i can hold a bow.

but i cant shoot it...

but apparently i have her rage.