Numberling Search

Fifteen POV:

I was running in the Jungle and Twenty-One was running behind me. I stopped running and started thinking. Why did she call me Fifteen? Who is Fifteen?

Me: Are we there, yet?

21: *panting*  Actually, I don't know. We are not going somewhere. We are looking for something.

Me: Oh, come on!

We have been out here for absolutely no reason?! And what are we looking for?

21: Don't go far, Fift- I mean-

Me: Why do you keep calling me Fifteen?

21: I'm sorry. I keep forgetting.

If my name is not Fifteen. Then, what IS my name? I have no idea.

Twenty-One POV:

My! I keep forgetting that I shouldn't call her Fifteen. It's like her memory has been.. wiped out! I must get her Numberlings soon! Or else, she won't even know why she is here! I see a Venus Flytrap. I stepped away from it, but I noticed something. It was Fifteen's one ten! Now, how do I get it?

Me: Um.. excuse me?

15: Yes?

Me: Do you know any way to get that number out of the plant, without getting bitten? 😬

15: Hm... Maybe if I do this!

She took a thick branch and put it between the jaws of the Venus Flytrap. She took the Numberling and gave it to me. I'm impressed!

Me: Wow! How come I didn't think of that?

15: *shrugs*

Me: Let's just move on.

I put the Numberling in my bag and continue walking.

15: Are we there yet?

Me: No.

15: Are we there yet?

Me: No.

15: Are we there yet?

Me: We will be there when we will be there. Okay?

15: *sigh*  Fine... Are we there yet?

Me: *facepalm*

We stop at a dead end. I look upwards and I see a branch with something hanging on it. I look with my binoculars and, Yes! It's the five!

I put on rock climbing shoes and a harness. I throw the rope and it reaches the top. I did it! I start climbing. I take the Numberling and start climbing back down. I took the rope and the Numberling and put them in my bag. I suddenly heard a roar.

Me: Did you hear that?

15: Hear what? That roar?

Me: Yes. That roar.

15: Probably a Lion.

Me: Then let's get out of here!

15: So soon? Fine.

I held Fifteen's hand and started running. The roars were getting louder as if it was chasing us. I blinked my eyes and there was a lion in front of me. I stood with wide open eyes and screamed. Fifteen stood in front of me and started talking to the lion.

15: Excuse me, Mr. Lion. May I know, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE AND NOT BACK IN YOUR DEN WITH YOUR FAMILY?!

Wow. The lion became scared and ran off. How is she so brave? I'm the one who is supposed to say that to the lion. I guess I didn't gather my courage. Heheh.

Me: Now, let's get out of here before anything else happens.

15: Okay!

We finally made it out of the Jungle. I take out the Numberlings and showed them to Fifteen. She was very confused.

15: What is that? Does it belong to me?

Me: Well, I can say so.

15: Okay?

I put the one ten and five in the original place of her Numberlings. After I was done, she looked at me in a way I didn't understand.

Me: Are you okay, Fifteen?

She didn't answer me and was still looking at me.

Me: Fifteen? Fifteen! Hello!?

She suddenly collapsed on the floor. I gasped and tried to wake her up.

Me: Fifteen! Fifteen, please wake up! Fifteen, do you hear me?! Fifteen! Please get up, sister!

Did I just call her sister? That's how I always feel about her. We are both Step Squads. I can barely find any differences between us.

15: *gets up*  What's going on? Why am I here? Twenty-One? What's happening?

Me: Fifteen! *hugs her* I'm so glad that you're okay!

15: Okay? Of course I'm okay! Thanks to you!

Me: You have no idea what happened back in the Jungle.

15: *tilts her head*

Me: It's a long story. I'll tell you on our way back.

15: Story Time!

We both laugh as we walk back to Numberland. It is getting dark now. I go with Fifteen to her house. I promised her that I will sleep with her one night. As I finished the story, she was already asleep. I'm going back to the Jungle the next day. So I packed up my stuff. I covered her and closed the light and went to sleep.