Psalm 118:6

"The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
~Psalm 118:6 ESV

Comment:
When the Lord is with us, who can harm us? What can scare us?

There is nothing on earth that is greater than God. There are no men, no angels, nor demons that have the infinite, almighty power of the God we serve. Anything we face in life can be conquered if we take it and rest it before the Lord.

It tells us many times in the Bible that God is our shield and our rock. He is our protector and our hiding place. We can do all things because He has given us His supernatural strength.

What can man do to us that can sway our faith in our Father? Nothing. NOTHING! I know this may sound a little scary. Especially when you put it in the perspective of the hundreds of missionaries (and Jesus' disciples) who died brutal and gruesome deaths for the sake of the gospel, but they all had one thing that kept them from denouncing Jesus. They had faith. And by faith, I mean they had unshakable, unmoving, steadfast faith. They only thing they cared about was their Savior.

Do we as Christians have the unwavering, steadfast faith of the apostles today? As sad as it is to say it, we don't. Most Christians today only worship God with their lips in a Sunday morning worship service and forget about Him the rest of the week.

I exhort you today, if you are in that area where you are only serving God with your lips, check yourself. Check your heart. If you find yourself wanting, if you find yourself wandering from God, take time to draw closer to Him with your whole heart and soul! Pursue Him with a passion! Engulf yourself in His word and ask Him strengthen your faith like that of the missionaries and apostles! I promise that you will never regret it!

~Lily (lilyflower1603)