our love is like a flower, its slowly withering

(A song fic based of this song.)

•••
Little do you know
How I'm breakin' while you fall asleep
Little do you know
I'm still haunted by the memories.

Maybe Changkyun should've took the warning sign about dating Chae Hyungwon. You see, not to be cliché, but Changkyun fell in love with a fuck boy. Well you know what they say right? If you love someone you'll change for the better. Yeah fuck that, That doesn't apply to their relationship at all. Well maybe it did, Hyungwon had cheated once on Changkyun when they were together for 3 years. Changkyun just thought he wouldn't do it anymore because 3 years had past, and Hyungwon hasn't had a side bitch yet. Well it turns out he does and Changkyun was just too blind to see it. So of course, Changkyun confronted Hyungwon in to which Hyungwon didn't deny anymore. He knew he had been caught so what's the point of denying it. Hyungwon explained to Changkyun that the man him and the man he was cheating with hasn't been together for a long time. And that Hyungwon was just carried away because the man had showed him signs of interest. Hyungwon asked for his forgiveness promising to never cheat again and Changkyun being the fool, forgave Hyungwon, No, he hasn't forgiven the other just yet. But he decides to take Hyungwon back because he loves him so much. It has been 5 years since that incident but Changkyun was still hesitant about Hyungwon. This changed their relationship for the worst. They would constantly argue about Changkyun having no faith on Hyungwon and things like that. All of the arguing, left Changkyun feeling guilty and finding himself sobbing lowly whenever Hyungwon was asleep. If Changkyun was being honest, he knew the problem here was himself. Hyungwon had clearly changed, Hyungwon would always give him time and his affection through small little ways. But Changkyun still has this part of him that doesn't trust Hyungwon one bit. And you really can't blame him, he got cheated on. You know what they say once you break someone's trust it's hard to get it back.

Little do you know
I'm tryin' to pick myself up piece by piece
Little do you know
I need a little more time

It has been 5 years yet changkyun is still trying to heal from his past wounds. If only he didn't love the other dearly, he could've just backed out of this relationship. The arguing became less frequent because of hyungwon being unbelievably calm and understanding.

"I get it kkung, I know i hurted you but can't you just show a little faith in me? Didn't I promise you that I'll change?"

"I'm sorry hyung, it's not you it's me. I just need time to heal that's all."

Underneath it all I'm held captive by the hole inside
I've been holding back for the fear that you might change your mind

The past few days weren't as bad as it used to be. The two seemed to be finally getting around whether it's giving more time for each other or physical affection. Changkyun was less worried about Hyungwon cheating on him again. Sometimes he even forgets that Hyungwon had cheated on him. But there's those days where Hyungwon would come late because of work then that's where Changkyun starts to worry. Hyungwon said he'd wait for the other to forgive him but Changkyun feels like that will change any time soon. Waiting is tiring, well at least it is for changkyun. He just hopes that he is wrong about Hyungwon and that someday he'll find it in his heart to forgive.

I'm ready to forgive you, but forgettin' is a harder fight
Little do you know
I need a little more time

What's more harder than forgiving someone you love? Ah yes, forgetting they did something to hurt you. Even if Changkyun forgave Hyungwon, it doesn't mean he forgotten what happened in that faithful day.  That day always come back to bite him. He gets anxiety about Hyungwon leaving. Of course, as som eone in a relationship, he should at least let Hyungwon breathe and give him his trust. But Changkyun was just too stuck in the past he keeps on going back to that day. Kihyun told Changkyun to have faith in the other and to let go of the past. He doesn't need to forget about what happened all he needs to do is, accept that it happened and that Hyungwon is now changing. He'll just have to try harder to let himself heal up fast.

I'll wait, I'll wait
I love you like you've never felt the pain
I'll wait
I promise you don't have to be afraid
I'll wait
Love is here and here to stay
So lay your head on me

Hyungwon remembered the day he cheated on Changkyun. It was a lonely day at work. You see, Changkyun and Hyungwon had a financial problem, but Hyungwon being the man that he is, he tells Changkyun not to worry about it and focus on his studies instead. And because of that there he was, sitting on his chair eyes fixed on the computer screen when suddenly, his boss came. He knows his boss has some hots for him, he wasn't vocal about it but he definitely isn't secretive either. Of course, hyungwon tried to stop his flirty self but soon after he gave in on it. He need motivation for work and knowing he has someone by his side when he was pressured, it feels nice. But of course he knows it's wrong, and that Changkyun had always supported him too. He was just to blinded by his unfaithfulness. After Changkyun found out, he didn't try to deny it because he knew what he did was wrong. With all honesty, Hyungwon was lucky Changkyun still took him back. But just because he took him back doesn't mean he had fully forgiven him. The days where they would fight, Hyungwon took full responsibility because of it. After all, it is his fault even if the earth becomes flat, he is still wrong and that he caused all of these problems. He didn't blame Changkyun for being insecure, he just wished Changkyun could trust him with just a bit.

Little do you know
I know you're hurt while I'm sound asleep
Little do you know
All my mistakes are slowly drownin' me

Are there days Hyungwon wished he never did what he did? Of course, he regretted it everyday but he regretted it the most when there's nights where he hears his lover's quiet sobs. He wanted to hug the other and tell him that everything is gonna be fine and he wouldn't do what he did anymore. But he was too coward to do that. Sometimes he regrets his actions so much that he wants to break up with Changkyun himself because he knew he doesn't deserve him. That never happened, because again, Hyungwon drowned in his fears. The two of them were drowning in guilt and the two of them were too stuck in the past. That's why neither of them learned to step forward.

Little do you know
I'm tryin' to make it better piece by piece
Little do you know I
I love you 'til the sun dies

In the end, the two decided it's best if they break up. Changkyun can't find it in his heart to let go and fully forgive the other and Hyungwon had fully drowned in his fears and guilt. It has been 2 years of their break up yet the two of them hasnt moved forward yet. The two of them didn't date anyone. But the good thing is that Changkyun had finally forgotten about what happened and Hyungwon had finally swam through the waves of his fear. So the two of them decided to meet up for some friendly date. Turns out Hyungwon didn't date anyone because he was still waiting for Changkyun and for himself to fully be on shore far away from the ocean of his fears. The two of them decided to give it a second try. So far, it's been good. The foundation of their relationship became full of trust and love. Pain doesn't last long, forgiving isn't easy and so is acceptance and letting go. It's hard to swim through an ocean with big waves, but the two of them took a big breath and swam together and successfully returned to their shore. Second chances may hurt but it will never kill you. The two of them learned that. And the two of them finally took their first step as a couple that has trust and love.

_______

Aight it was 3 am when I wrote this okay? Don't judge me. I know I said I'm not gonna update till Monday but you know what, forget that I even said that. Bsnsbsnsvsbs love y'all bye.