The Champions

It's been a few weeks since Cedric and I kissed. Tonight was Halloween, so that meant that the Triwizard champions would be chosen. Everyone gathered in the great hall for the Halloween feast. The great hall was buzzing with energy because of what was happening tonight. Camille, Cameron, and I were sitting at the Slytherin table talking. 

"So, who do you guys think we'll be chosen as Hogwarts champion?" Camille asked as I took a sip from my goblet of pumpkin juice. 

"I think maybe Cedric,"

"Is that because he's your boyfriend?" Cameron asked. I almost spit my pumpkin juice again. 

"How many times have I told you guys? He's not my boyfriend!" I whisper yelled at them. "We kissed once, and we haven't even spoken since!" I protested but they just kept insisting that he was my boyfriend. I flipped them both off and then grabbed a book from my backpack. 

"Hey L/n," George said as he walked up to the Slytherin table.

"Hey Weasley," I ruffled his hair as he sat down next to me. "Hey, Freddie!" He took the other seat next to me. "What's got his wand all up in a not?" I whispered to George.

"I don't know, he wouldn't talk to me at all last night," George said. "It's actually been quite weird."

"Oh okay," I thought for a few minutes just thinking about what George had said. Fred has never acted like this before, maybe he was still mad about the whole Hufflepuff beating Gryffindor in that quidditch match last year. I shook the thoughts out of my head and continued talking to Camile and Cameron. 

Soon, Dumbledore got up from his seat and started to go to the Goblet of Fire. "I would like everyone's attention please!" He announced. Silence fell over the hall. "I would now like to introduce the champions of each school!" There was a slight pause as red smoke shot up in the air. He quickly caught a piece of paper. "The Durmstrang champion is...Viktor Krum!" A mass of yelling and clapping filled the hall. Another shoot of red smoke shot up in the air. "The Beaxbatons champion is...Fleur Delacour!!" More shouts came from the Ravenclaw table. I noticed that girls were crying over who got chosen. Soon enough, the last jet of red sparks came out of the goblet. "The Hogwarts champion is...Cedric Diggory!!" 

The table that had the Hufflepuffs at all cheered for him. As he walked by, he winked at me. I felt butterflies in my stomach. Cedric then walked into a room where both of the other champions had gone. Randomly, the Goblet of Fire lit right back up again. Another piece of parchment shot out of the goblet. Dumbledore read it, "Harry Potter..."Then he said it more loudly. "Harry Potter!"

I noticed that Hemione had to push Harry out of his seat. As he was walking down the rows of tables, I could hear people yelling. 

"He's a cheat!!"

"He's not even seventeen yet!!"

Dumbledore then announced, "Alright, I want everyone back to their common rooms! Now!" Everyone soon started to get up and walk out of the great hall. On the way back to the common room, all I could think about was how Harry could have got his name in the Goblet of Fire...

Hey guys, It's Katie! I never know what to say during these things. Me and Ari, are trying to get ideas for Complicated Relationships, but we are both on bad writer's block right now. I had this chapter fully written out, I just needed to write this a/n. This is a really short chapter, and it was just kind of a filler. I'll try updating this story more often! Bye guys!