Chapter six: Coming Home

Hailey felt someone poking her shoulder.

"Hailey! Hailey wake up!"

Daisy's voice echoed through Hailey's head.
"hm? Oh, morning Daisy!"

Daisy smiled and ran her hand down my cheek. My cheeks darkened with blushed. Daisy snapped out of her trance. She had to only be Hailey's friend, nothing more. Nothing that could ruin her reputation, or weird out the teel haired girl.

"My chefs made breakfast, I hope you like muffins!" she smiled
"O-oh thanks." Hailey slipped out if bed and onto the floor. She loved muffins. Daisy led her to the door and opened it for her to get out. "Thank you kind ma'am," Hailey teased. Daisy blushed and closed the door behind her.

"Your parents are picking you up at 11:00," Daisy told Hailey as the two moved downstairs. The carpet felt nice on Hailey's bare feet.

As they moved to the left and into the kitchen, the smell of delicious muffins filled Hailey's nostrils. 'Mmmmmm' the reeled haired girl thought, licking her lips.

Daisy smiled and led her into the huge white furniture kitchen. It looked almost like a bakery. The two friends moved up to the counter and met a girl in a maid outfit.

"Good morning Martha!"

"Good morning, dear," the maid responded to Daisy.

"This is my friend Hailey," the blued eyed girl gestured to her friend.

"Nice to meet you," the lady presumably named Martha greeted.

Daisy leaned in Hailey's ear, "tell her what muffin you want."

"Um..Do you have blueberry muffins?" Hailey trembled as she spoke.

"Indeed," replied Martha. "And I'm assuming you want chocolate?" she shot a glance at Daisy. "Yes please!" She responded.

Martha nodded and made her way to the back of the kitchen.

"C'mon, let's go sit down!" Daisy smiled at Hailey and ran in the opposite direction of the counter. At the back of the room, there was a big assortment of windows on the back wall with huge pink silk curtains.

"Those windows are huge!" Hailey observed.

Daisy responded with a simple "mhm!"

"Where would you like to sit?" asked Daisy, gesturing her hand to dozens of tables with pale pink-almost white table cloths.

"Over there," Hailey pointed to a booth near the window.

Daisy grabbed Hailey's hand and dragged the latter over to the chosen seating.

They sat in silence for a while, enjoying each other's company. Although Daisy looked a bit disconnected.

"Thanks for inviting me," Hailey offered.

"Oh, yeah, mhm." Daisy looked in the distance as if silently pleading Martha would bring the food.

Almost as if her prayers were answered, the maid came in holding a tray with the muffins and a milk tray in the other hand.

The white muffin tray was covered in pink lace, atop it sat the two muffins with a flower stand in between them. Each muffin was on a tiny white plate with a tiny white cake fork.

Martha sat down the tray in the middle of the table and handed us each a milk.

They were in crystal cups white fancy lace on top and pink and white striped straws. Hailey looked closer, reusable straws, gee she loved this woman.

While Hailey was busy admiring the cups beauty, she hadn't noticed that Daisy had already started devouring her muffin.

"Gee, you're hungry!" Hailey stared in amazement.

"I guess so, huh," Daisy's cheeks became pink.

So cute, thought Hailey.

"Hey! You have a crumb on your face, don't worry I'll get it!"

Hailey picked up one of the linen napkins and wiped Daisy's face, both of them blushing intensely.

After that, they just ate and chatted. Each conversation was lovely, and they made each other laugh.

It had only felt like a few moments when the doorbell rang.

"I think that's your parents."