Chapter one: impatience

I stared blankly at the clock. It seemed to tick all the happiness away.
Tick,
5 more minutes.
Tick,
4 more minutes.
Tick,
3 more minutes.
Tick,
2 more minutes.
Tick,
1 more minute.
Tick
The bell rang.
I happily hopped out of my desk and skipped to the front of the classroom.
"Why, Hailey!" Mrs. Jones exclaimed.
"Why so fast?" her eyes saddened and her forehead wrinkled.
"Oh uh- I'm just in a rush to see a friend, that's all!"
Friend. What a lie.
"Of course!"
Suddenly a shadow fell over me. I backed away so Sadie could make her way to Mrs. Jones. That girl really scared me.
I ran out of the classroom and into the hallways, it was only 4:16.
I didn't care. I wanted to see Daisy as soon as possible, it was my top priority.
I ran my hand down my ponytail as I ran. My dad had done it for me before I left for school, he was a great stylist. When I was younger, he would braid my hair and I would dance around pretending to be a princess.
"You just need a prince." His words echoed in the back of my head.
Suddenly, I felt my head smash into someone.
"Are you okay Hailey?!"
It was Jake.
"O-oh sure Jake."
I backed away from where I crashed into his chest. Jake seemed handsome and charming, but no one lit me up quite as much as Daisy. She was like the sunshine to my rain. And plus, if I ever did like Jake, it wouldn't work out, he likes Daisy. But that doesn't mean Daisy likes him. I smiled at the thought of the cute white haired girl smiling and giggling in my arms.
"Well-goodbye," waved Jake as he walked away. My eyes watched him for a moment, wondering how Daisy might be able to like someone like him. But I pushed the thought away, it was 4:19, to Daisy's house I go.
What felt like an hour later I made it to the school parking lot. I looked around and finally spotted my black Ford. I ran over and quickly in clicked the door. As I hopped in, pushed my bag over to the side. I had put in nice cinnamon scents in the car, it smelled great. Finally, I pushed the key in and put my foot on the pedal. It's time to go!
I crossed over many intersections and kept my hand firmly on the wheel, I turned on every turn and stopped on every stop. I needed to get there.
4:26
4:27
4:28
Finally I had arrived!
I ran out of the car and up to Daisy's door, my heart practically beated out of my chest. I looked down at my phone and checked the time; 4:29.
I suck up my breath with all my power and rang the doorbell. Daisy happily ran up and opened it, her smile 10 times brighter than the sun.
My princess was here.