Chapter Seven: Distancing

Time skip bc I'm lazy.

I felt someone tap on my shoulder as I walked down the hallway.

I turned around to see a familiar pink haired girl.

"Happy Monday!" exclaimed Milly.

"Yes..yay."

I rolled my eyes.

"How was Daisy's?" A smirk appeared on my friend's face.

"It was amazing! Girl is rich, you should've seen her house, oh boy~"

Milly laughed.

"I'm glad you had fun," Milly said with a smile, as she turned to face me.

I smiled back at her. Milly was a good friend.

"Here's your girlfriend now!" cried Milly. Daisy was just walking by with the student council.

"Hi Daisy-"

I tried to wave to my crush but she was too caught up with having a conversation with her other friends.

"Ooooh la la~" Milly raised her eyebrows and smirked as she spoke.

My face got even hotter.

"O-oh, shut up Milly! She's not my girlfriend!"

"Yessss she is~~"

'I wish,' I thought, but I kept it to myself. I would never say it out loud though.

~~•At lunch time•~~

I wondered if I could sit with Daisy at lunchtime, ask her to talk alone, and confess my feelings to her privately afterwards. That would be a nice plan.
I went to go get some ham sandwiches, maybe even a pear on the side. As I went to get my food, I walked past Daisy's table. She was sitting with her student council friends as usual.

"Hi Daisy! May I sit with you once I get my lunch?"

Daisy looked embarrassed for some reason.

"Oh hi Hailey-"

One of her friends cut her off; "This the student council table. Not the music gays table," she said with a hair flip.

"Hey don't say that about her!" Daisy said, clearly annoyed.

The African American boy next to her placed a hand on her shoulder, "Leave her be Daisy, the tables already full."

Daisy looked at him and nodded. She didn't even look back at Hailey.

Hailey grit her teeth. Who knew the student council were such rude people. Hailey cursed under her breath and continued to walk to the counter.

       Hailey took her seat with Luke and Zander in the back of the cafeteria. She felt like a third wheel, watching her step brother talk with his boyfriend. But she sucked it up and continued to eat. She only wished she had the beautiful head girl eating with her.

"Hailey, you okay?" Luke's voice started her.

"Uh yeah-I'm fine," responded the teel haired girl.

Zander hesitated.  "Answer Luke honestly," he said sternly.

"GEEZ I SAID I'M FINE, ZANDER!"

"NO YOU'RE NOT!"

"SAYS WHO?"

"ME!"

"Okay, that was really not needed," said Luke, being the usual peacemaker. Zander pulled back from where he was leaning over his sister and sat back next to Luke. "I was just looking out for her."

     Hailey waited as Jake walked through the music room door. "Look who's late again," she retorted.

"Sorry for being late by two minutes," Jake said, rolling his eyes.

"She's just being grumpy because she was in a fight with her girlfriend," Zander smirked, actually defending Jake for once.

"Zander!" Hailey shot an angry glance at her step brother. Her face was red, a mixture of embarrassment and anger.

"ohoho, who's the lucky girl, eh~~" asked Jake. He reached out his hand to Zander for a high five, but Zander just looked at Jake like he had three heads.

Meanwhile, Sean looked sadly at his shoes. Hailey remembered that he had also loved Daisy. That sparked a thought in Hailey's head.  Her dumb crush on Daisy would be taking away from both Sean and Jake.

She turned back to face Jake, "It's no one you know," she lied bluntly, turning back, and finishing the conversation.