• Chapter Nine •

Jimin is wary walking up to the desk of such a big and scary place, with police officers in every corner. His record wasn't exactly picture perfect so he couldn't help feeling nervous.

"What can I do for you?" The chubbier man behind the desk asked unfazed. "I'm here to visit my friend."

"Name?" "Jeon Jungkook." Jimin answers, watching as the man searches through his computer.

"Here's a pass. Follow that guard, he'll take you." He hands him a pin with a card attached to it. Jimin puts it on his shirt and follows the other man like he was instructed.

They walked through the halls of the juvenile prison, the big and tall guard escorting him to where he wanted to be. It was quieter than he thought, assuming that maybe all the chaos was on the other end of the large building.

"Have a seat and wait. He should be here any minute."

"Thanks." Jimin slighting bows his head before sitting down. Only a few minutes had gone by and before he knew it, his best friend came walking through arguing with the other inmates on the other side.

Jungkook plopped himself in the chair and yanked the cellphone, pressing it close to his ear. Waiting for Jimin to do the same. Which he did.

"It's been a week and this is when you decide to visit?" Jungkook glared, his voice clearly pissed.

"Yoongi told me only two days ago and I had a test to study for. I'm literally skipping school to be here for visiting hours." Jimin explained, studying Jungkook's features. "You look like crap."

"Yeah no shit Sherlock I'm in fucking prison. It's not exactly heaven on earth."

They go quiet for a bit, Jimin feeling bad about his friend's position. "How are you holding up in there?" 

"Eh. It's fine until someone takes all the fucking pudding!" Jungkook yells at one of the inmates who also had a visitor. Jimin just assumed that was the guy who took Jungkook's share of pudding.

"How long will u be in there?"

"About a year if I don't start trouble. The only thing keeping me sane in this dump is the fact that I put my dad in jail for another 4 years." The smug smile on the 17 year olds face made Jimin roll his eyes.

"Yoongi's planning on gathering money to bust you out but he's finding it difficult. So he just wanted me to tell you that it'll be awhile. You think you'll be fine until then?"

"Pshh of course. I'm already dominating the cafeteria. Tell him to take it easy. That asshole's always running after me like I'm still some kid." Jungkook scoffs, shifting in his seat.

Jimin shrugs. "I mean, you technically are."

"Shut the fuck up. Don't you have school to be at? Getting your perfect grades for the stupid military."

"I guess I have to visit you again huh?" Jimin speaks sarcastically. "Do I have to?"

Jungkook gives him a glare. "Get out of my face, you ass. Before u get your perfect grades jeopardized." Jimin laughs at Jungkook's reaction. He loved to get on the younger's nerves.
"Alright then, see ya." Jimin says his goodbyes.

Jungkook's voice is hesitant. "wai-" But Jimin puts the phone back in it's mold before Jungkook could finish, his voice too low for the older to hear.

Jimin waves cluelessly and walks away. Staring at Jungkook's sad and irritated face. He was always horrible at goodbyes, Jimin thinks.

After school, the 18 year old goes on his walk to work. Which he wasn't that excited about since he hasn't been earning a good amount of money, now in trouble with the bills. He was definitely struggling.