Chapter Eight: Confrontations by a Stranger.

5up sighed, breathing out slowly as he walked through his school. He walked in late so the whole building was airily silent. 5up had avoided all of Fundy's texts since he invited him on a shopping trip and was not ready for confrontation. He decided that he would probably say something like he was out all day and couldn't respond to anything but 5up had known Fundy for so long that he doubted Fundy would believe his lies. He shook his head and continued to walk until he made it to his locker. 5up fumbled through the locker numbers until his locker finally swung open. A single folded up piece of paper floated down to the floor. 5up titled his head in confusion before he bent down and picked up the paper. Cautiously, 5up unfolded the piece of paper.

5up.

Meet me by your locker at 3:30 sharp today.

See you there.

5up's eyes traced the words over and over again carefully. His first thought was that there was no way that he was going to meet up with this person. Too much of a risk. But then again, how much of a risk is it actually? School would have just ended, and they wouldn't be alone. 5up glanced down at his watch. If he never went, then he would never find out what it was. And that would eat away at him. 5up took a deep breath. He would be there. He had nothing to lose. There was no reason to be nervous. 5up pulled himself. He stuffed the note into his pocket and closed his locker. He walked swiftly to class. 5up was feeling confident. And everyone around him was going to know.

5up walked slowly through the squeaky-clean hallways. He clenched the folded-up piece of paper tightly in his hand. 5up sighs deeply, trying to calm his nerves. The note was typed. There was no way to pre-emptively figure who the person was. He turned the corner, anticipation bubbly up inside of him. Could it be Fundy crying to him because Dream broke up with him? Could it be Dream and Fundy making out in front of his locker, aiming to make him... But no. The person standing by 5up's locker had their back to him. They had short brown hair and was tapping their foot impatiently on the ground.

"Hey uh did you..." 5up began when he reached his locker.

The person turned around.

"George?"

George smiled weakly at 5up, "so you're 5up?"

"That's me." 5up titled his head in confusion.

"I know I probably wasn't the person you were expecting." George laughed awkwardly, "I mean you were expecting like Fundy or someone..."

"Um yeah so why did you want me here?" 5up subtly crumbled the note in his hand.

He was disappointed to say the least.

"Oh right. About that." George paused for a moment while he looked down at the floor, "so I'm guessing you know about Dream and Fundy."

"I'm aware of them."

"And you've probably heard of Dream and I."

5up murmured in agreement.

"Okay I should say that I'm not the best at reading people and I there is a high chance that I've got this completely wrong so if I am wrong you can just stop me or something, but I believe we're going through the same sort of thing."

"What do you mean?"
"Are you jealous of Dream, 5up?" George made direct eye-contact.

"I... I... I still don't quite understand what you mean." 5up avoided his gaze.

"5up look at me." 5up blinked up.

"George I'm being serious. I think you've read me wrong... I-"

"Stop talking. It's okay. I'm jealous of Fundy. I want Dream back."

"I should go." 5up quickly turned around and began walking away. before George could say anything.

Now was not the right time to think about it. Fundy and his shopping trip was only a week away and he wanted to be a supportive friend. 5up wanted laugh until his insides hurt and not have to worry about feelings. He kept walking along the maze of his high school's hallways until he reached a bathroom. 5up locked himself in a stall and dialled a number on his phone.

The ride home was mostly silent as 5up leaned up against the side of the car, staring out the window. The silence was only interrupted when his mother asked about his day. 5up replied with simple, "it was fine." That indicated he was not in the mood to talk.

When they arrived home 5up flicked on his phone. He typed a simple message to Fundy.

hey fundy. family thing just came up so i have to bail on our shopping trip.

5up powered his phone off and slipped it into his sweatshirt pocket before he disappeared down to his room. Although he was trying not to think about, although he was trying to deny everything that he had said, deep down, 5up now knew why it was different. Why he couldn't stop thinking about Dream and Fundy. Why he stared at them during the library. Why he didn't want to go to homecoming. Why he lied to Fundy about the shopping trip. Why he couldn't stand to see Dream and Fundy together. George was right.