Chapter Ten: Heartbreak Homecoming

Fundy blinked at himself in the mirror. He smiled at himself before slightly twisting his tie until it lay perfectly symmetrical on his black suit. Fundy twisted around and confidently walked out of his room.

"Aww look at my boy."

Fundy rolled his eyes, "mum! Not now!"

Fundy's mother rolled her eyes, "but your hair! It's all scuffed! Please let me?"

"Okay fine." Fundy sighed.

His mother's eyes lit up, she spray towards Fundy and started fluffing up his dark hair. Fundy chucked at his mother's fussiness. Fundy's father poked his head around the corner.

"Wow." He said, walking into the room.

"Look at our boy." Fundy's mother smiled at her husband.

"Wait, I have one thing that will tie this look together." Fundy's father smiled before disappearing into the hallway.

He reappeared a few moments later with something red clutched in his hands. Fundy's mother's gaze softened as soon as her eyes lay on the object. Fundy's father walked up to his son and fitted the fabric rose into his top pocket.

"It goes with your tie." Fundy's father winked, patting Fundy's back.

"Thanks pop." Fundy beamed, pulling his father into a hug.

Their hug only broke when Fundy's mother shooed Fundy's father off.

"One photo and then you can be off." Fundy's mother gestured for Fundy to stand on the staircase.

In short, both parents' faces where filled with joyous tears as Fundy disappeared out of the front door.

"Welcome to homecoming!" Eret greeted Fundy as he walked up to the entrance of the building.

"Thanks, Eret." Fundy smiled before walking into the hall.

Eret nodded happily as he watched Fundy leave.

Fundy gazed up at the large building, "wow..." he breathed, taken aback by the share beauty.

"I mean look at what a few streamers can do to a crappy old hall."

Fundy twisted around.

"Oh Niki! Hi!"

"Hello Fundy! Nice to see you here!" Niki smiled.

"So, have you seen Dream?"

Niki rolled her eyes, "he's with Punz by the drinks table." She pointed to a long banquet like table where a couple people were standing and drinking various strange, coloured drinks.

"Thanks Niki! I hope you have a great evening!" Fundy's eyes lit up.

"You too Fundy. See you around." Niki chuckled.

Fundy gave one final wave to Niki before he turned back around and started walking towards the table. It was quite dark in the hall, so it proved difficult for Fundy to find Dream. He spend a while turning around, trying to spot the tall blond boy.

"Hey. There you are."

"...Dream?" Fundy said breathlessly.

"Hi." Dream chucked.

His dirty blond hair was curled and styled so it was swept to the right side of his face. He was dressed in a clean, snow white and muted blue tuxedo with shiny black leather shoes. He wore gleaming diamond earrings and Fundy couldn't help the smile that plastered across his face. Dream remembered to wear the earrings.