Chapter Eleven: It'll be okay

"It was nothing but a dumb stupid mistake. It didn't mean anything..."

"I'm not mad about the fact that he kissed you. I'm mad about the fact that you broke my trust. That you betrayed me. You lied to me Dream. You lied... that's why I'm mad."

"I told you Fundy he kissed me. I had no say in it! I pushed him away!"

"If I didn't walk in you wouldn't have pushed him away. You would've keep going..." Fundy's voice trailed off.

"I-" Dream didn't now how to deny that Fundy was right.

"You said that you loved me. That you were over George and that he didn't matter." Fundy's voice cracked, he felt hot tears roll down his face, "you remember the time we first met? The library?"

"I remember." Dream replied.

"You told me that you loved the white streaks in my hair. To a normal person that's just a compliment. I'd say thank you and move on. But it meant the world to me. And now..." Fundy blinked up to stare at Dream with cold, watery eyes.

"Dream?"

"Yes?"

"You're a shitty shitty shitty person." Dream turned to face Fundy, right in the eyes.

He was shocked. Fundy's eyes were cold and glazed over. No sign of love or compassion could be found.

"What... what can I do... what can I do to make it up to you."

"Give up. Stop trying. Leave me alone." Fundy snapped, before he started to walk down the hallway.

"But I don't want to... Fundy I can't just stop... I still love you."

Fundy stopped walking, he turned back to face Dream and started backing him into a corner, "I let you break my heart once Dream. Don't expect me to ever ever let you do that again."

And with Dream left speechless, Fundy turned away and walked down the school hallway and out the door. Fundy could only compose himself for a few moments before he collapsed onto the floor, crying softly into his hands.

"F... Fundy?"

Fundy looked up, those his eyes were blurry he could still reconsider 5up. He was carrying a large stack of books and looked so confused. Fundy picked himself up and rushed towards to 5up. He embraced his best friend, crying into his shoulder. 5up let his books drop to the ground before he wrapped his hands around Fundy.

"What's wrong?"

"I thought you weren't going to homecoming." Fundy sniffed; his voice muffled.

"The family thing was cancelled so I decided to come and study." 5up lied.

"I wish I knew you were here sooner. Maybe then I wouldn't look a mess."

"Fundy what happened?"

"He kissed George."

"And how are doing?"

"I'm... I'm sorry that ignored you for so long." Fundy avoided the question.

5up pushed Fundy away so he could take a proper look at his friend, "even if you wanted to talk I would have avoided you."

"Did I do something wrong?"

5up shook his head, "follow me."

He led Fundy outside into the dark night sky. They walked in single file until they reached a small grassy park. 5up sat down on a park bench and gestured for Fundy to sit next to him. They spent a couple of minutes in comfortable silence staring up at the bright stars before 5up turned to face Fundy.

"I guess the reason I would have ignored you was because I realized that I wanted you more than I thought I did." 5up said, as he looked down at his scuffed shoes.

They sat in awkward silence before Fundy finally spoke softly.

"So, do you remember that time I called you really early because of my English essay?"

5up nodded, how could he forget?

"Well, what if I told you that I didn't need help and I had already completed it..?"

"Why did you call me then?"

"Maybe I like talking with you."

"I..." Fundy's words left 5up speechless.

"And that library thing after school. Studying and lunchtime are the only real times I can hang out with you, so I wasn't planning for Dream's arrival... but he kinda..."

"Left you breathless?"

"Yeah."

"I don't think that's something that friends do."

"What? Leave you breathless?"

"No, I mean calling at 5am to get help with an essay that had already been done. Having an excuse to talk to me." 5up blinked.

Fundy sighed, "I... I'm sorry..."

"Why?"

"Because if I didn't get so caught up in that green hoe then maybe..."

"Hey, it's okay... you can't control who you fall for."

"Yeah... you're right." Fundy turned to face 5up, "maybe that's why I fell for you."

"But... you got together with Dream?"

"I thought you were straight 5up. That I had no chance. So, I tried to forget. I pushed you away."

"Oh..." 5up glanced up at the sky, "so what happens now?"

"Anything we want." Fundy placed his hand on top of 5up's.

5up flicked his attention back to Fundy. Fundy moved his other hand to 5up's cheek and pulled him in. It was perfect. It was everything 5up was hoping – and more on top of that.

"Fundy?"

"5up?"

"How do I know that I'm not just your rebound?"

Fundy dug around in his back pocket before he pulled out his phone.
"On May 9th, 5 months ago I wrote this,

Have you ever fell in love with someone you can't have? Not because you're out of their league or because they don't know you exist but because you know they would never ever love someone like you.

On February 15th, I wrote,

I am officially going insane. I spend all looking at those Instagram zodiac posts to see if I was compatible with him. It's like 45%. That's not impossible. Ugh why do I even care? It's not like when I was born determines my whole personality right???

December 24th,

This is getting-"

"Okay okay I believe you."

"You mean the whole word to me 5up. I would never hurt you." And 5up knew Fundy meant it.