Harmindon's Finest in Lockdown

I decided to write this really quickly just for fun. I'm on midterm break now so I have the entire week (yay!) to work on the HF epilogue and some more of my new WIP (holy mother, this one is a task and a half and I'm really excited for it).

So onto my professional procrastinating - hope you enjoy!

(Also, check out my new tags book, made especially for this kind of thing - I'll probably move this - and the vines - there after a while).

•●•●•●•

Jeddah:
Got categorised as a nonessential service and had to apply for pandemic unemployment payment which nearly BROKE HER. At the beginning she was sewing away like a good girl, then when there seemed to be no end in sight, did it less and less and started spending whole days just lying on her bed, worrying. Then after some more time, she got disgusted with herself and pulled herself up by the bootstraps, and is now in a much more positive and productive frame of mind.

Miarka:
Is bouncing off the walls with boredom. She's that one person that organises all the zoom quizzes and online get-togethers and virtual birthday parties - the only problem is she organises about three a week and people are starting to get fed up with her constant energy and enthusiasm. She probably started learning half a dozen musical instruments but got bored and gave up - and she goes on daily rides as far as restrictions allow.

Thekla:
That mom that posts positive messages on her Facebook, and is a big fan of randomly making her whole family do a five-minute chair yoga to "improve their mental health." She takes a lot of online courses in creative writing, and spends as much time as possible in the fresh air - if only sitting outside and doing her work.

Grandmother:
Is the worst with technology (though she tries so hard!) and can only just about manage to turn in the television for the news every evening. At the start she got very worried and made all kinds of plans for if one person in the household has to self-isolate, but as everyone is more or less behaving themselves and she's not getting any visitors she's calmed down a bit. She's a regular at Miarka's online meetings but hasn't fully figured out zoom yet. She hoarded a lot of toilet paper at the start too.

Malbeth:
Isn't too badly off because he's an essential service, patrols the relatively empty streets of Minas Tirith and stops people to check how far they've come, regulates essential services, and so on. He's very sarcastic to someone deliberately not wearing a mask, and sanitizes his hands about once every ten minutes.

Amira and family:
Set up a proper homeschooling system, insists the children wear their uniforms when attending live online classes. Qufar subscribed to Amazon Prime and orders the most random, useless things just for fun, and Disney plus to keep the children happy. The boys and Safina make up the craziest imaginary games and sometimes their parents join in. Amira sanitizes all her shopping bags and clothes whenever she comes back from weekly grocery shop, and is also a regular on the Haradrim moms' Facebook.

•●•●•●•