My Princess... 👑

Ship: ❤️  Jailey (Jake × Hailey)
           ❤️  Lander (Luke × Zander)

Type: 🥺

~

Hailey's POV:

Today is a particular day.

A day that is loved by some, since they get to receive gifts from their lovers.

And hated by others, since the only "gift" they receive is a cruel reminder of how they could never confess to their crush, therefore spending the day alone, as they watch the happy couples going about their day together, mocking them in a subtle sort of way.

Valentines day

Sadly, I am a part of the unlucky group, though I don't really hate this day.

"Hailey?" I hear someone saying my name, but I decided to ignore it.

"Hailey!" the voice, which turned out to be Zander's, shouted, snapping me out of my daze.

"Huh? Oh, sorry Zander! What were you saying?"

Zander opened his mouth to say something, but Luke got there before him.

"Are you okay, Hailey? Is there something bothering you?" he asked.

"I'm fine! I just have things on my mind..." I say, smiling.

Sorry, fake smiling...

Zander must have noticed I was feeling down, because he stopped walking and grabbed my hand.

"Babe, can you excuse us for a second?" he asked.

"Sure..?" Luke replied hesitantly, shooting me a confused glance.

Zander then dragged me by the hand until we were a safe distance from Luke. Luckily it was still early in the morning, so there weren't a lot of people around yet.

"It's about Jake, isn't it?" he asks.

"Yeah..." I sigh. "I know that he likes Daisy, but I just...can't help it."

"I understand! I felt the exact same way when I saw Stacy kissing Luke in the English classroom that one day... I thought I'd never have a chance with him, but a few minutes later, he confessed to me. Who knows?! Maybe your luck will turn today as well!" he says.

"I don't know Zander..." I say doubtfully.

"Well I do know, and I can feel it!" he exclaimed.

"If you say so..." I say, as we start walking to our next class.

~Time skip - After class~

I was walking to my locker to put my books away, when I saw a bouquet of assorted flowers, a huge kitty plushy and a heart-shaped box of chocolates. I opened my locker and saw an envelope with a heart-shaped sticker flutter to the ground. I picked it up and read "Hailey Austin" on the front. I opened it up and saw a card. It read:

Hey Hailey

If you're reading this, I just need to tell you how special you are to me.
And since I'm too much of a simp to let my feelings out in person, I thought I would do it on paper.

Everything about you is just perfect...

Your vibrant teal hair that always seems to fall perfectly down your back without much effort...

Your beautiful stone gray eyes that mostly has some sort of softness in them...

Your soft smile that brightens even the darkest of days...

Your friendly, and sometimes serious personality...

Everything...

So, Hailey Austin...will you be my Valentine?

Sincerely
Jake Sterling

I gasp, putting one hand over my mouth, nearly loosing my grip on the letter as I feel heat rushing to my face. I wanted to scream and run to find Jake to give him my answer, but instead I just stood there while trembling with excitement. I then saw Zander and Luke walking in my direction and ran up to them, shoving the letter in Zander's hand. He then stared at me for a few seconds before he looked down at the letter and started to read it, as Luke came and stood next to me, putting a hand on my shoulder to try and calm me down. After a while Zander's eyes widened in shock as he looked up at me, then he ran up to me, practically tackling me in a hug as the letter fell out of his hands and onto the hard, concrete floor of the school.

"FINALLY!" Zander exclaimed as Luke picked up the letter, read it, and soon also joined the hug. We all stayed in that position for a while before we heard a familiar voice that made us jerk our heads up in surprise.

"Uh...Am I interrupting something?" came the voice of Jake, my crush.

"No, not at all Jake! We were just congratulating Hailey, since she had just received a letter from someone." Luke said casually.

"Oh, that's actually the reason why I came here." Jake chuckled. "Would you gays mind going on without us? I need to talk to Hailey...alone.." He said while nervously rubbing the back of his neck. I could've sworn I saw a faint tint of pink on his cheeks, but it's most likely just my mind playing tricks on me again...

"Of course! You better hurry, though! The bell is gonna ring soon." Luke says as he grabs Zander's hand.

"Go get your prince!" Zander whispers at me before pulling Luke in the direction of their lockers, as Luke also gives a final glance, shooting us a wink.

Jake and I watched them for a few seconds before turning towards each other. "So, I see that you've gotten my letter." he says.

"Yeah..." I reply as I feel my face slightly heat up.

"Well I know I only asked you to be my valentine, but...I was kind of hoping we could be more than that..?" he says nervously.

I gasp. "J-Jake...Are you implying what I think you're implying..?" I ask. My face must be as red as a tomato by now.

"Hailey...will you be my girlfriend?" he asks, his face becoming just as red as mine as he covers it with his hands.

I stood there in shock as I tried to comprehend what he had just said to me. Jake...My crush of two years...Actually loves me?! Then a soft smile tuggs its way across my lips as I walk up to Jake, removing his hands from his face before pulling him into a sweet and passionate kiss. At first he just stood still with a shocked expression on his face, but after a few seconds I felt him gently grabbing my waist as I snake my arms around his neck. We continued kissing for a while and then eventually broke away, panting for air.

"How's that for an answer?" I ask after finally getting my breath back.

"The best answer ever!" Jake chuckles as I bury my face into the crook of his neck.

"I love you, Jake..."

"I love you too, my princess..."

~

1 125 words!