🌻His Sunflower🌻

❤️ Henriam (Henry × Liam)

Type: 🥺

~

Liam was sitting in the middle of a large sunflower field, his hands absent-mindedly weaving together the stems of sunflowers as he thought of all the memories that him and his fiance had made together so far...

"Hey Liam!" a familiar voice called out to him. Liam looks up from his flowery creation to see his childhood best friend, now fiancé, jogging over to him.

"Hey shortie~" Liam teased.

Henry let out a gasp and placed a hand over his heart, feigning offense. "Oh how you wound me, Liam! Just in case you forgot, I am a short KING!"

Liam burst out laughing. "Whoa, looks like someone has gotten quite posh! I wholeheartedly apologize, my king."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Henry rolled his eyes. He then looked down at the woven flowers in Liam's lap. "Anyway...what's all this?"

Liam smirked. "Have patience, my leige! You will be crowned soon..."

Henry gave Liam a quizzical look, which the younger man responded to with an innocent shrug. Henry huffed in frustration at his inability to gain answers. However, his curiosity didn't fade, leaving him feeling resigned to just watch his lover work in silence.

***

About twenty minutes went by before Liam finally broke the comfortable silence between the two. "Oh little bunny~...your crown's finished."

Henry looked down at the flower crown. Despite being slightly frustrated with Liam for making him wait so long, he couldn't deny that the crown was beautiful. "This is so beautiful...but why would you make me this? You don't have to give me gifts..."

Liam smiled at his lover. "I know I don't have to, but I still want to. Besides, this crown symbolizes what you are to me."

"...a plant??"

Liam chuckled. "No, you adorable dumbass! A sunflower! I once read somewhere that sunflowers are associated with life and joy, two things that I experience just by being around you. So this crown isn't just a gift, it's also sort of...well...my way of saying thank you."

Henry remained silent for a minute as he processed this information. He began tearing up as he allowed Liam to 'crown' him. When he felt the accessory sitting snugly on his head, he wrapped his arms around his lover in the tightest hug he had ever given anyone. He couldn't trust himself to speak, fearing that it would make him burst into tears.

Liam hugged Henry back, gently placing his head on top of his lover's. He simply held the older man close, basking in his warm and energetic presence. He grew more certain of two things with every minute that passed: Every single minute it took to make that crown was more than worth it, and the man in his arms will always be his precious sunflower...