I'll Stay

Ship(s): 🤝🏻 Drailey (Drew x Hailey) because I can! ✨

Type: 😭

Here is the Drew angst that you've requested cloudless_cacti! This oneshot will be shorter than my normal ones since I can't really come up with anything (Sorry TwT). Anyway, I hope you like it! ^^

~

Third-person POV:

A magenta haired boy was sitting on the school's rooftop. Today had been absolutely terrible so far, and he still had like two whole hours of school left. In fact, he was ditching chemistry class right now. He didn't care, though. I mean, why would he care about that when all of his friends unfriended him? Left him.

Suddenly, he heard footsteps behind him. He turned his head toward the source of the noise and was greeted by a pair of coal black eyes staring down at him. "Drew?" a light female voice spoke. Hailey.

"What?" he snapped.

"Geez, I'm sorry you rotten raspberry!" she rolls her eyes. "I just wasn't expecting you to be here."

"Uh-huh." he acknowledged blankly. "What are you even doing here anyway?"

"The smoke from everyone's experiments were suffocating me in chemistry, so I decided to come up here and get some fresh air." she explained. "How about you?"

"Just came up here to clear my head a bit and think about some...friendship problems."

"Friendship problems?" Hailey sits down next to Drew, a confused look on her face. "What do you mean 'friendship problems'? Don't you hang out with Liam, Henry and Jake every day?"

"I..." Drew's voice trailed off. "T-THAT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!"

"Well, it looks like you need someone to talk to about these 'friendship problems' of yours, and I'm willing to listen, so...could you tell me?" she gives him a soft, comforting smile.

Drew looks at Hailey and lets out an exasperated sigh. "Fine." He then takes a deep breath. "It's a long story, so I'm just gonna tell you the short version. First I find out that Zoey has been cheating on me with her sugar-daddy of three months. Right after I broke up with her Jake comes up to me and tells me that he knew about it all along and kept it a secret to stop Zoey and Lia from bullying little miss pink haired devil-"

"Milly." Hailey interrupts.

"Right." Drew scoffs. "Anyway, after he told me that we got into this huge argument and he told me that if he were to choose between me or the music club, he would choose the music club with no hesitation, and ran off. Then Henry and Liam came up to me, said I was a fool for not noticing about Zoey's doings sooner, said that I was a bad friend to Jake and them, and also ran off to who knows where. And yeah...then I came here."

"Whoa..." Hailey was staring at Drew with eyes as wide as saucers.

"Sorry! Did I loose you somewhere?" Drew chuckles.

"No, no, you're fine! It's just a lot to take in, that's all-" Hailey stops as she notices a single tear sliding down Drew's cheek.

Drew looks at the worried expression on Hailey's face. He then looks down, seeing the tear-stains on his hoodie and sweatpants. He turns his head away in embarrassment. Suddenly he feels two arms wrapping him in a comforting embrace. Before he could stop himself he broke, crying into Hailey's shoulder as she held him, rubbing his back in small, circular motions. "WHY?! WHY MUST EVERYONE LEAVE ME!?" Drew wails, hugging her tighter.

"Shhhh, it's okay..." Hailey whispers. "I'll stay, Drew."

Total: 551 words

~

Annnd...there you go cloudless_cacti! :) I'm so, so sorry for how long this took!