(Chapter 1)(the crow)

(Joanna's p.o.v)

I woke to Sylo licking my face.
"Ugh, Sy go away". I growled.
I had graduated high school a week ago, so I could just sleep. I opened my eyes to see the big bull dog, looking at me with his dark eyes. "What". I say. He barked. "Fine". I say getting up and opening my door and following him down the steps.
Then let him outside to go chase the deer in the field behind Brantley's house. Yep, 11 years later and we're still living with BG .
Nathaniel was 12 now, Abel 17, and me 19.
We lived here along with Brantley and Riley's two kids.
Lynn, age 10, and Leland, age 4. I let Sylo back in and he followed me back up stairs.
"Dude, stalker much?" I asked him. He sat in my floor. I changed into my clothes for the day. I looked in my mirror on my dresser. I sighed. I did look a lot like mom, like dad said. I looked at the picture of daddy, "you were a good man, but with a fearing soul, a good heart, he shall take care of you". I say to my father up in heaven. I put on my fathers necklace, with moms ring on it. And I had added a small crucifix cross.
A crow sat at my window sill. I opened my window. It looked at me. It had blue eyes, I had never seen a crow with blue eyes. "I've been seeing you quite a lot, who are you?" I asked the bird. It flew to my dresser and picked up dads picture. And flew back to my bedside table and placed it there. " your ... My father?" I asked the bird. The bird flew onto my shoulder . It nuzzled my neck and picked at dad's necklace. "So you are Jackson Nathaniel Teller??" I asked the bird. It tilted it's head as if examining my outer forearm tattoo; it began at my elbow going to my wrist.
It read 'TELLER'
The bird pecked it, "hey!" "Look, I had to I'm your child, I'm a teller and will always be". I say grabbing the bird. I held it, it didn't fear me, like most smaller wild animals would. "Daddy?" I asked it. It looked as if it smiled, I released the bird from my grasp and it flew to the ceiling. "Do you mind I'm about to go cook breakfast, or would you like to join, Sir"? I asked the blue eyed bird. It flew down from the rafters. "Come on Sylo, time to wake everybody up." I say. The crow perched on my arm, as I walked down the stairs.