(Chapter 4)(the intern)

(BG's p.o.v)

I met this young gun runner, he reminded me a lot of Jax. Blue eyes, devious smile, and leather. "You wanna learn, from the king?" I asked him. He grinned. "Hell yeah". He says. "Come on". I say.
It's been a whole day with this guy, he was smart and a fast learner. I figured it'd be nice to invite him to dinner. He was twenty years old and his name was Thomas.

We were at my house now.
"This is my wife Riley." "And my two kids Lynn and Leland". I say. Joanna and Abel were playing cards at the coffee table. Nathaniel was biding with thin mint Girl Scout cookies. "I'll raise ya four cookies". "For a jolly rancher". Abel says to Joanna. They were playing a messed up game of poker.
"And those three are my god kids". I say to Thomas .
His eyes settled on Joanna.
"That's your god daughter?" He asked. " yeah". I say. He grinned as she looked up from the kid like poker game and met his eyes.

(Joanna's p.o.v)

Abel looked at the male, my brothers eyes went from me to the male. Abel was very protective over me and Nathaniel. I sighed and flicked a poker piece hitting Abel in the nose getting his attention.
"Sorry, you know how I am about new people". Abel says. "Just like dad, protecting till trusted". I say. Abel nodded. "Are you gonna beat him up if he comes near Joanna bubba?" Nathaniel asked.
"Depends how close he gets". Abel says turning the 'Son' ring on his finger.

(Abel's p.o.v)

We say down for supper.
We all sat at the table. Thomas had introduced himself. "So what made you wanna be a runner". Riley asked Thomas. "My grandfather was a runner, he was in the secret Saviors" he says. "I just thought it'd be cool to learn from the king himself." Thomas says. Joanna's eyes went cold. She stood up and was about to leave. I grabbed her wrist. We locked eyes and she sat back down. "Woah, that's a cool tattoo, what's it mean?" Thomas asked Joanna. "It's my last name, Teller". She says. "Teller, as in Jackson Teller the infamous King of the runners, part of the reaper crew!" Thomas asked. "Yeah, that's our old man, well was". I say. "Yeah I heard about the accident." Thomas says sadly.
"Accident" Brantley scoffed under his breath. Riley elbowed him. I nearly jumped across the table to kill him. He was really treading on thin ice lately.

"Yeah it was hard on all of us, we were young, and it's still hard at times." I say. Holding Joanna's hand as I spoke. I let go of her hand. "So how old are y'all?" Thomas asked.
"I'm 12". Nathaniel says. "Almost 18". I say. "19". Joanna says. "I'm 20". He says in return.