(Chapter 6)(becoming friends)

(Abel's p.o.v)

I was in my forth period, we had six classes in a day. I was so tired. I fell asleep , "Abel". The new girl says shaking my arm gently. I jolted up. "Hm?" I grunt . "Class is over". She says. Damn this girl was pretty. "Thanks". I say groggily. "Are you okay?" She asked. "Girlfriend problems"."I stayed up late last night fighting with her over the phone". I say honestly. "Oh, I'm sorry". She says.
We were out in the hall now. "Well I gotta get to class". She says.
I nodded. "Bye Abel". She says . "Yeah Bye.. Hey what's your name?" I asked. "Fawn, you know like a baby deer". She says. "Pretty". I say. "Bye again the bells about to ring and I still gotta go to my locker." She says hurrying off.

(Joanna's p.o.v)

I was alone at the house just me and Leland . I heard the door bell. "Coming". I say. I got up and opened the door.
Thomas was standing there.
"Hey". I say. "Hi, can I come in?" He asked. "Brantley's not home I rather you not". I say. "Come on , I'm not bad". He says. "Thomas I rather you come back when Abel or Brantley's here okay". I say trying to shut the door. "Your scared of me, aren't you". He says. "I don't fear you, only The Lord and the reaper." I say. "Then why won't you let me in?" He asked. "I can't okay, I'm watching Leland today". I say. "Alright fine I'll come back when Abel gets here". He says.
I knew what he was after, me alone at the house, how obvious could it have been, maybe Abel was right.

Abel came home and was on the phone. "Who you talkin to?" I asked him. He smiled still talking to the person who I knew was bound to be a girl.

Later that night Abel ran in my room. "Did you need to talk to me earlier?" He asked. "Yeah Thomas came earlier , I know he's here now, but he refused to leave earlier, I told him I didn't want him here without you guys being here." I say.
Abel rolled his eyes.
"What did he do , did he hurt you!!" Abel says. "No, I'm fine""he just, I think he wants what you you said he wanted". I say.