(Chapter 5)(too close for Abel)

(Joanna's p.o.v)

After dinner I was up in my room. I had showered,dried my hair, and put on some pajama pants and one of daddy's old shirts. It was white , but from the aging it had turned an ugly off white.
It had the word Samcro on the front. The shirt had his scent, no matter how many times if was washed it smelt like him.

Someone knocked on my door. "Come in". I say. Thomas came in as the crow tapped my window. I opened it. "Woah! That's the bird of death". Thomas says.
"No, it has blue eyes, me and Abel think it's dad watching over us." I say. I grabbed a tag with adhesive on the back. It was orange, "can I put this on your leg?" I asked the crow. It perched upon my dresser. I wrote on the tag "Jax 'The King' Teller " on it just big enough to read if you were to catch him, and you know read his leg. "Sorry dad". I say. The crow made a noise. It picked in it's feathers. "I wish you could turn back into a man, don't you?" I asked dad. It make a noise of slight frustration while picking at the tag. "So y'all really think that's y'all's dad huh.?" He asks. "Yeah, and he's a good man". I say .
"Enough about my dad, where are you from?" I asked him. "The coast, the hells angels got really bad down there so my parents thought it to be safer here". Thomas says. "Is it ?" I asked. "The scenery's a lot better". He says looking at me. "Was that an attempt to flirt?" I asked. "Yeah, is it working"? He asked. "Well I do have a thing for guys who are terrible flirts." I joke. He smirked. We were sitting on my bed. "So what kinda music you listen to?" He asked.
"A little bit of everything really except rap, it sucks". I say. He laughed, "yeah rap is terrible is like their trying to sing with paper towels in their mouth or something". He says. I laughed.

Abel came in my bedroom. He began searching. "Bubba whatcha looking for?" I asked.
"That knife". He says. "Whys his knife in your room?" Thomas asked. "He practically lives in my room, I was the one who got the tv". I say. Abel picked up his knife and unsheathed it. He smiled at it.

Thomas had left late and Abel stayed in my room until he left. "What's your deal?" I asked Abel. "He's trying to get into your pants!" He says quietly. "What, Abel he's only known me for a few hours". I say. "Think about dad's story about him and mom, he laid her the first night they met!" Abel says. "Don't act like you haven't laid, Emily or whoever the fuck she was." I say. "Maybe I did and maybe I didn't , that doesn't matter, that guys dad up one side and down the other." "And that's ... Bad, for your innocence at least". Abel says. "He seemed nice bubba , I'll at least give him a chance." I say. "Okay but he better keep his distance". He says.